A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weight Loss

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 am

Do any of you guys have any good ideas to speed up weight loss?

I am walking now 1 hour a day Mon - Fri weight is coming off slowly. I am eating healthier. Once a week I will have maybe a hamburger so not too bad.

Any foods that will help keep the metabolism pumping?
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:40 am

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh and what is your height?

Also, what does your diet consist of primarily? What do you normally drink? What do you snack on throughout the day? Are you primarily just wanting to lose weight or are you wanting to lose weight and be fit?

I exercise six days a week, which I'm also a physical training leader.
Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:05 am

Smiley wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh and what is your height?

Also, what does your diet consist of primarily? What do you normally drink? What do you snack on throughout the day? Are you primarily just wanting to lose weight or are you wanting to lose weight and be fit?

I exercise six days a week, which I'm also a physical training leader.

I am 6 foot 1
about 240lbs (big)
I eat 6 times a day ... protein for the snacks.
For breakfast mainly I have eggs (2)
Lunch protein, fruit or vegie
dinner protein, vegies

I walk at lunch 5 days a week (minimum 35 mins, normal length is a 40 - 45min walk)

I normally drink water, i do sometimes have a can of coke (try to make it coke zero if I can).

I want to lose weight but also be active. Over the past 6 weeks have lost about 5kgs (11 lbs) and for the past 3 days I have been tracking my walking progress at lunch here are the stats

I have gone up 2 notches on my belt, pants kept on nearly falling down.

Today

Weight Loss : .5kg (1lbs)
Time Walked: 1 hour
Km walked: 4.82
Calories Burnt: 224.9

Overall Weight Loss - past 3 days

5.3kgs (11.6 lbs)
Time Walked: 2 hours 23 mins and 14 seconds
Kilometers Walked: 11.91 (approx 7.7miles)
Calories Burnt: 551.5

I also normally have MacDonalds once a week for a treat. I know I shouldnt but I think I am not doing too bad.

When I was a teenager HAD MASSIVELY BAD HABITS

Would drink coke-a-cola only - hardly water
Eat junk food.

So unhealthy lifestyle, I only sort of started to look at my health about 2 months ago and finally got in the right frame of mind. I do slip once in a while. I do like carbs ... bread and rice and sometimes slip. Last night had home made sushi.

So that is basically the story
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm

You are doing super good in losing weight.

The only thing I can think of is try to mix in jogging with your walks. Jogging more than thirty minutes a day could be a good/bad thing. If you are looking to build muscle while losing fat, don't run more than thirty minutes a day and do it every other day.

If you are strictly looking to lose fat, jog for a hour a day and rest one day a week, but be careful in doing so. By jogging for so long and so often, you would be burning a crap load of calories and also destroying muscle fiber in your legs, which your legs won't bulk up, but be lean like a marathon runner's legs. If you do this, you have to make sure you are taking in enough protein, because if you don't, then you risk a good chance of pulling a muscle.

Keep sticking with the diet you are doing. Giving yourself a treat once a week, like you said, is good too. A snack that would be very beneficial when you bump up your exercise to jogging or running would be plain almonds. Almonds are high in both protein and potassium. The protein will help with muscle repair and the potassium will prevent you from getting horrible leg cramps.

Try to transition a fifteen minute jog into your one hour walks. So for example, you walk fifteen minutes, then jog fifteen minutes, then walk thirty minutes. Do that for one to two months, then up the jog time to thirty minutes with thirty minutes of walking. Do that for one to two months, then up your jogging up to forty five minutes with fifteen minutes of walking and so on. If you are interested in eventually building muscle, once you are able to jog for one hour, you can build up your muscle in your legs by doing thirty minute jogs with thirty second sprints mixed in. Do that ever other day, while during off days you can work abs or upper body to tone your body and become fit. Now, if you start jogging this much, you will be burning so many calories, you will be hungry a lot more than usual. Do not deny your body and make sure you properly nourish yourself so your body can repair.

In all reality, you are actually losing weight rather fast. Probably due to your exercise mixed in with diet. Simply by not drinking sodas, a regular soda drinker can drop about fifteen pounds. If you stick with what you are doing, make sure you put aside money to buy new clothes. Smile

Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 pm

If u just keep this minimum level of activity and be consistent with it, you'll be good the rest of your life

If u want to speed your way to being cut, do some anaerobic stuff, greater than 15 reps so u don't add too much muscle

Mix in some push ups, sit ups, and pull ups if u can find a bar
Walk faster and keep your abs flexed the whole way
Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 pm

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
If u just keep this minimum level of activity and be consistent with it, you'll be good the rest of your life

If u want to speed your way to being cut, do some anaerobic stuff, greater than 15 reps so u don't add too much muscle

Mix in some push ups, sit ups, and pull ups if u can find a bar
Walk faster and keep your abs flexed the whole way

Good idea at the moment I am sticking to just walking and the time it takes it decreasing and my athletic ability seems to be increasing.

Like today
I have lost 6.1kgs. (12.2lbs) so I lost .7kgs (1.4lbs) over a 24hour period. which is good. But yes I need to find some weights for toning. I would be happy with toning and aerobic (walking seems to be the best aerobic for me.)

Never liked jogging ... get sore ankles.
Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:10 am

Today

Weight Loss :6.1kg

Time Walked: 52 mins 11 sec
... Km walked: 4.47
... Calories Burnt: 211.94

Past 4 Days
Time Walked: 3 hours 15 mins and 25 seconds
Kilometers Walked: 16.38
Calories Burnt: 763.5
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:13 am

How can you loose 6+ kilos a day? That's amazing!
Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 am

overall weight loss.

I lost .7kgs from yesterday morning until this morning.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 am

Damn, that's a lot ... I know people who are happy if the loose 1kg per week lol.
Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 am

well when I have my treat tonight it will most probably be less than 6.1kgs. Might go back to 5 or something like that
Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:02 am

Today

Overall Weight Loss :6.3kg

Time Walked: 48mins 13secsc
... ... Km walked: 4.12
... Calories Burnt: 191.8

Past 5 Days
Time Walked: 4 hours 03 mins and 38 seconds
Kilometers Walked: 20.50
Calories Burnt: 955.3
Back to top Go down
sovnd

sovnd

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 am

wow, thats hardcore particle!
Back to top Go down
aislinn

aislinn

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:48 pm

The most important key to weight loss is to let go of all of those aspects of yourself that are keeping you from losing weight.

Weight is energy after all. Stored energy.

Everything we do to "rid" ourselves of this excess weight (energy) is simply a means of tricking the body into releasing it.

But the big question is - why was it stored to begin with?

Why did you feel (even if it was subconsciously) that you needed to store it?

Once the reason for storing the weight no longer exists, then you will be able to lose the weight and keep it off Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss   Weight Loss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss
Page 1 of 1