A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what is an indigo?

Go down 
+6
whipthelego
Smiley
GenericTylerDurden
FleurDeLis
ultraviolet
sovnd
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sovnd

sovnd

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:13 am

i'm so "indigo'd" out i don't even know what it is anymore...

can someone fill me in?
Back to top Go down
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

If someone quotes Doreen Virtue to to answer your question, I will scream clown
Back to top Go down
sovnd

sovnd

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:47 am

ultraviolet wrote:

bahahahahahaaa

or louise hay... i read the book, gave it away, i knew it already Sleep

kill me.
Back to top Go down
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:55 am

yeppers...the fluffy bunny version makes me puke a little in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

ultraviolet wrote:

LMAO ... too true.
Back to top Go down
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 pm

I feel brainwashed from watching that vid Shocked Laughing ... I agree with some of it though.

I never really agreed with all the supposed traits; depending on where you look you get different lists of traits too ... it's rather confusing and misleading imo. Whoever wants to feel important makes a list to box people in.

Mainly (to me anyways), indigos have the ability to perceive more than the average Joe; they can process/comprehend that additional information and work with it. ... It tends to get really frustrating when others can't grasp that. So yes, I am antisocial as heck unless I am around people like me.
Back to top Go down
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Nearly everyone I know that identifies with Indigo think they have a mission to help mankind are antisocial, me included, epic irony Rolling Eyes
FleurDeLis wrote:
I feel brainwashed from watching that vid Shocked Laughing ... I agree with some of it though.

I never really agreed with all the supposed traits; depending on where you look you get different lists of traits too ... it's rather confusing and misleading imo. Whoever wants to feel important makes a list to box people in.

Mainly (to me anyways), indigos have the ability to perceive more than the average Joe; they can process/comprehend that additional information and work with it. ... It tends to get really frustrating when others can't grasp that. So yes, I am antisocial as heck unless I am around people like me.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Yep, the mission to serve mankind ... I told my last shrink about that one and she kept trying to tell me that that would be to big of an endeavor for one person, she could not really fathom why I insisted I had to do this lol. Shrinks are not for me, I've tried it a few times now and it just doesn't help. I got a few useful tools from them but the "condition" does not go away, no matter which shrink or which meds I try. I had this thread once about Awareness Vs. Depression ... it's actually not depression, it is despair; I see what's wrong but I cannot quite figure how to change it on a larger scale so I get frustrated and desperate cause I know I need to change that somehow.
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I think the word indigo is used to describe people who think independently and are not afraid to be themselves and do what they think is right no matter what the norm is at any given time.

the ones who knew from a very young age that there is something wrong with this picture...even if they didn't know how to correct it yet...they did realize that they were being fed a line of bull in most cases.

it's just some stupid word that was given to clasify things and make them easier and neater...lol
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Lola wrote:
I think the word indigo is used to describe people who think independently and are not afraid to be themselves and do what they think is right no matter what the norm is at any given time.

the ones who knew from a very young age that there is something wrong with this picture...even if they didn't know how to correct it yet...they did realize that they were being fed a line of bull in most cases.

it's just some stupid word that was given to clasify things and make them easier and neater...lol

I like that! ... Supposedly there is a Thanks function here somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: What is "Indigo"?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Indigo is a human movement to find meaning in life.

It begins by advances in technology, beginning with movements like the industrial revolution.

Today, pure "manpower" is not really needed to satisfy our material wants and needs. The world is a service based economy and the currency is our mind, our collective brainpower. See how easy it is for one with little to no programming skills to create a fully functional website and forum?

See. Skills are constantly being marginalized and commoditized. This is the consequence of technology.

Technology seems to be outpacing humans though-- and pretty soon humans will be unnecessary and worthless, somewhat ironic, no?

So today-- you see a generation of people, kids, born into a world where all has been figured out. E=MC^2 has long been discovered, and the world's material things can be provided with a push of a button. Hell, even the grocery stores has adopted robotic scanners thus making the bagger and checkout boys & girls obsolete.

These "kids of today" will be raised in an era of helplessness. Where a strong young chap could previously find work in some manual labor type job-- today these jobs don't exist. Even sharp intelligent minds face dwindling jobs as technology handles all the inane and meaningless tasks.

What then, is the creative human mind to do when the robotic chores of yesterday are no longer begging our attention?

The human mind focuses on art, beauty, and exploration of the unknown.

This is what drives the indigo movement ==> a collective energy of creative and rebellious spirits with refuse to become round pegs forced into square holes.

Some, Doreen Virtue and the likes, have capitalized on this energy and labeled it "indigo" and developed cult-like followings in the spiritual community. See, they are just profiting by giving a name to a much larger movement.

What "Indigo" really describes is the decreasing reliance of humans on, well, humans.

Capitalism has worked relatively well until that astronomical acceleration of recent technologies. Human learning cannot keep pace with the speed at which technology advances.

The people who realize the cynical nature of every day "work" will refuse to take part in this patronizing of human talent. Why should we pay humans to do menial tasks which machines have already been invented for?

Rules are made to control and often serve to create more harm than benefit if not checked constantly.

There really is no "indigo" child or adult. It is the identification of a clash of energies, a chemical imbalance occurring within a certain time frame in the universe's history. When red pill meets blue pill, there will inevitably be an unknown ingredient or reaction, the indigo explosion is here.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Shootz ... a shockwave of goosebumps just hit me.

How come though, not everybody picks up on that clash? Chemistry? Incompatibility? What is it?
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 pm

FleurDeLis wrote:

How come though, not everybody picks up on that clash? Chemistry? Incompatibility? What is it?

I am channeling Tyler Durden, I am speshul.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Oh you speshul indigo you Razz ... that doesn't answer my question.
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 pm

FleurDeLis wrote:
Oh you speshul indigo you Razz ... that doesn't answer my question.

it's easier to stay chained to the wall that offers comfort and contentment. It's painful to see the light for the first time. It's painful to heal an old festering wound. Enabling energy = light energy as most have defined it.

"I'm sad" ==> "there there it's okay"

vs

"I'm sad" ==> "shut the fuck up."

It's easier to believe in God, a single entity that has our life planned out and all the answers.

It's more difficult to believe that nobody fucking knows what happens when we die.

People just want to be able to sleep easier and look forward to tomorrow. Whatever aids this process will be accepted. Whatever is painful will be denied.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Gotcha ... I agree.
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 am

indigo ... thought it was shade of blue or purple
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 am

Some thoughts:

The fluffy light stuff was nice in the beginning because I felt drowned in negativity and hate. I felt so lost and alone in the world, and it felt soo good to think 'love and acceptance' is an OK path. I also WANTED love and acceptance- which I think a lot of us do. I do believe MANY get caught up in it because that is what they DESIRE. That whole 'do unto others' and 'be the change you wish to see' idea can lead those dying for love and acceptance to over indulge

IF Indigo is being 'advertised' as bringing change to the world, I believe groups will want to define indigo in order to bring about the change THEY wish to see. For instance, I remember watching a video about a little girl who was a very talented artist. I believe CBS or something like that even had her on TV and said she is an 'indigo'. It seemed a very Christian point of view. Even us (indigoes) insist indigo is this or that (sometimes). Therefore, I believe indigo can be hijacked and trying to define it for others is impossible.

(Remember wanting to know if for sure you were indigo? Reading those descriptions and asking forums "Am I an indigo"? I guess we were just asking for permission to feel the way we were feeling? If we are in fact indigo, it is ok to feel the way we have felt.)

Now to me, indigo means awareness. Things just didn't add up for me as a kid. The things I was taught seemed to be contradictory, and I was never satisfied with the answers or the world view accepted by most. I felt like there was something wrong with me and I just didn't get the world. But underneath I also felt very angry at the world for being so contradicting. I was angry at the people for not seeing what I saw. I was angry NO ONE questioned things. So who was to blame? Was I the wrong one for thinking things were messed up? Or were the others wrong for believing everything was normal?

When I found out about 'indigo', I no longer felt like a complete alien different than all of humanity. I found out there are other 'aliens' out there. It really filled the void and helped me in accepting myself and the world.
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 am

FleurDeLis wrote:
Lola wrote:

I like that! ... Supposedly there is a Thanks function here somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.

I clicked on the (+) to the right of the post in the hopes it was a 'thanks' or something similar. All it said is my vote had been recorded. affraid
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:26 am

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
FleurDeLis wrote:

I am channeling Tyler Durden, I am speshul.

Who the heck is Tyler Durden? Of course googling to get the info is so much quicker than awaiting a forum response. Razz
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:28 am

Ah OK- main character in Fight Club.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:34 am

That makes a lot of sense. I was never big on the fluff but there was a time when I looked for acceptance from the outside ... I'm still angry though. I know a lot of people say the anger isn't good for me and I need healing; ugh maybe I do and the anger is just my comfort zone who knows ... but channeling that anger can move the mountains that the fluff can't seem to get rid off. My anger helps me all to often to "unfuck the world" What a Face
beebee wrote:
Some thoughts:

The fluffy light stuff was nice in the beginning because I felt drowned in negativity and hate. I felt so lost and alone in the world, and it felt soo good to think 'love and acceptance' is an OK path. I also WANTED love and acceptance- which I think a lot of us do. I do believe MANY get caught up in it because that is what they DESIRE. That whole 'do unto others' and 'be the change you wish to see' idea can lead those dying for love and acceptance to over indulge

IF Indigo is being 'advertised' as bringing change to the world, I believe groups will want to define indigo in order to bring about the change THEY wish to see. For instance, I remember watching a video about a little girl who was a very talented artist. I believe CBS or something like that even had her on TV and said she is an 'indigo'. It seemed a very Christian point of view. Even us (indigoes) insist indigo is this or that (sometimes). Therefore, I believe indigo can be hijacked and trying to define it for others is impossible.

(Remember wanting to know if for sure you were indigo? Reading those descriptions and asking forums "Am I an indigo"? I guess we were just asking for permission to feel the way we were feeling? If we are in fact indigo, it is ok to feel the way we have felt.)

Now to me, indigo means awareness. Things just didn't add up for me as a kid. The things I was taught seemed to be contradictory, and I was never satisfied with the answers or the world view accepted by most. I felt like there was something wrong with me and I just didn't get the world. But underneath I also felt very angry at the world for being so contradicting. I was angry at the people for not seeing what I saw. I was angry NO ONE questioned things. So who was to blame? Was I the wrong one for thinking things were messed up? Or were the others wrong for believing everything was normal?

When I found out about 'indigo', I no longer felt like a complete alien different than all of humanity. I found out there are other 'aliens' out there. It really filled the void and helped me in accepting myself and the world.
Back to top Go down

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 pm

I think anger can be a very powerful tool. I guess anger is bad when we feel there is nothing we can do about it and it consumes us. Most of the time I am pretty content with life now (but I am on an antidepressant). However, this week has been very crazy for me and I am angry as hell. Not sure what is up- it isn't PMS time. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

beebee wrote:
The fluffy light stuff was nice in the beginning because I felt drowned in negativity and hate.

same here. i dug myself out of the enabling hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what is an indigo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is an indigo?   what is an indigo? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is an indigo?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next