A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post-conventional

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

Post-conventional Empty
PostSubject: Post-conventional   Post-conventional Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm

So, my teacher was talking about how the current path to globalization is fantastic and everyone wins in the end.

He gave what he called "the perfect example" and explained that in the past the U.S. steel industry was closed off from the rest of the world to protect it. Because of this, the steel industry in the U.S. had no competition, so it had a complete monopoly and could raise the price at will. The result was higher costs of steel products and inferior steel products i.e. greed and laziness.

Indeed, he gave the perfect example, which I used this as the perfect example of how the current path to globalization is incorrect. If a corporation becomes globalized to where it becomes a monopoly and controls an industry world-wide, then the same thing will happen as had happened with the U.S. steel industry, except world-wide. Ultimately, the only way this path to globalization will work is if there is external pressure from an unknown variable that is equivalent to Earth or greater.

The teacher paused and reluctantly agreed.

Post-conventional 200454_213169268696926_100000115646785_966495_3776856_n

Personally, I agree globalization is the future of the human species and should be welcomed with open arms. However, I do not agree with the current path to globalization. What do you think of globalization?
Back to top Go down

Post-conventional
Page 1 of 1