A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why isn't love an Illusion?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

Why isn't love an Illusion? Empty
PostSubject: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:31 am

...i just read a friends blog about truth and its relativity, in the following blog-comments I found "love is the only truth. all else is illusion "...now this is not the first time I hear someone say this, and I still fail to understand ... if everything is an illusion, how is love not an illusion too?... i guess it also depends on the definition of love or what people really mean when they use the word 'love', ... from good old Marriam Webster I got...

Quote:
1 a (1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2): attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3): affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b: an assurance of love <give her my love>
2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
3 a: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1): a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2)British —used as an informal term of address
4 a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others b: a person's adoration of God
5: a god or personification of love
6: an amorous episode : love affair
7: the sexual embrace : copulation
8: a score of zero (as in tennis)
9capitalized Christian Science : GOD

I think people define love in lots of different ways aside from the above dictionary definitions...maybe it only means one thing, maybe not.

...than others say "love is everything, everything is love"....I see where the idea comes from, but is that really Love, couldn't it be something else , something that truly embraces everything, not just one side....I wonder and ponder....
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 pm

FleurDeLis wrote:

...i just read a friends blog about truth and its relativity, in the following blog-comments I found "love is the only truth. all else is illusion "...now this is not the first time I hear someone say this, and I still fail to understand ... if everything is an illusion, how is love not an illusion too?... i guess it also depends on the definition of love or what people really mean when they use the word 'love', ... from good old Marriam Webster I got...

Quote:
1 a (1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2): attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3): affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b: an assurance of love <give her my love>
2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
3 a: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1): a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2)British —used as an informal term of address
4 a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others b: a person's adoration of God
5: a god or personification of love
6: an amorous episode : love affair
7: the sexual embrace : copulation
8: a score of zero (as in tennis)
9capitalized Christian Science : GOD

I think people define love in lots of different ways aside from the above dictionary definitions...maybe it only means one thing, maybe not.

...than others say "love is everything, everything is love"....I see where the idea comes from, but is that really Love, couldn't it be something else , something that truly embraces everything, not just one side....I wonder and ponder....

Personally, what I find to be love is giving up everything so that it betters everything. That could be interpreted as in "giving it your all", but it is actually far deeper than that. I'm not talking about just material possessions, I'm talking about giving yourself literally. Your body, your soul, everything that is you. It is the ultimate in self sacrifice. It is almost like you are melding with everything. Essentially, you are in love all the time or are love. Identification of such a mind-set can be found when the protection an individual has towards protecting one's own child is innately applied to even strangers.

I feel what most people experience and describe to be love, isn't really love. It is more of a chemical reaction brought on by instinct that we are pre-programmed with through our DNA. This, I can never do because such desires can lead to absolute corruption.

I have a tattoo "Protege Moi De Mes Desirs" across my chest, which translates from French to English as "Protect Me From My Desires". Many interpret that as in protect me from drugs, sex, etc., but it is deeper in addressing marriage, children, etc.. Personally, it means protect me from corruption.

Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Placebo's "Protege moi" is one of my favorite songs Smile ... nice tat, I bet!

I agree, most people sum love under the chemical reaction dynamic without realizing it. Oneness is a form of acceptances that encompasses everything.
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:43 am

i would say this blog come from a person who was brain/rational oriented, in the brain/hearth feeling, and saying that knowledge rationalism is illusion and need to accept emotions and materialism as the reality instead of knowledge which is an illusion

but it is very flawed and empty conception in itself , the way it is approached in this kind of post =)
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 am

anyway lot of ppl really use unclear dialectic and rethoric nowdays lol like using word that doesn't really mean anything to say something unclear that is supposed to reflect their state of mind or some spiritual sophism or alike lol
Back to top Go down
sovnd

sovnd

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 pm

love=trust

fear=illusion

basically.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Idk....sometimes I look at ourselves and I see a blob of molecules doing...whatever we are doing, therefore "Love is a chemical reaction" makes sense, and if so, it can be eventually be put inside of a pill.
Quote :
Oxford University researchers believe real-life 'love pills' - that solve common marital woes and keep the passion alive - could soon be making their way into a marriage counselling session near you.

Despite the fact that marriage is having a comeback after 40 years of decline – we’re still 200 more likely to file for divorce than a century ago.

According to recent figures from the Office of National Statistics (ONS), recession-hit couples do try and stick together, but marital disharmony (caused by the pressures of job losses, uncertainty about the future and rising debt) often gets the better of them, causing divorce numbers to soar.

And with weekly reminders about high-profile unions, such as loved-up (and extremely wealthy) Heidi Klum and Seal hitting the rocks, combined with the worrying fact that one in three men don't marry for love - is it any wonder we struggle to keep the love alive?

But before you give up on love altogether, consider this – could the solution lie in a simple pill?

Not that pill (the contraceptive type that apparently alters a woman’s love for her partner) but a drug that is a potent concoction of essential neurohormones that make us fall – and stay – giddy in love.

According to a team of neuroethnicists, who have written an in-depth paper about the possibilities of a psychopharmaceutical ‘love drug’ - this could well be the future of marriage counselling.

Yes, soon you’ll be able to cut out the middle-man (the Relate counsellor) and get a prescription for love. Perhaps.

In Neuroenhancement of Love and Marriage: The Chemicals Between Us, Oxford University researchers Julian Savulescu and Anders Sandberg claim that scientists may soon be able to interfere with the biology of human attraction with the help of chemical blockers and enhancers.

To do this, they would have to create a pill that contains the “modulators of love”, which could potentially help us stay together longer, increase attractiveness and decrease infidelity.

The essential ‘ingredients’ of the pill are:

Pheromones
These are odourless chemicals that trigger emotion responses, mainly sexual and attractiveness, between the opposite sex. If this was popped into a pill, it could potentially help people maintain the attraction they first felt for their partner.

Oxytocin and Vasopressin
Also known as the ‘bonding chemicals’, oxytocin and vasaopressin are hormones released in the body that promote physical bonding. The brain releases a high amount of these hormones during the early, romantic stages of a relationship. If these hormones were present in a pill, they could strengthen the sense of togetherness and bonds between couples.

Testosterone
High levels of testosterone increase the amount of sexual desire between the opposite sex. A testosterone-induced pill could aid flagging libidos.

CRH
Although this hormone (corticotropin-releasing hormone) can sometimes cause depression and anxiety, it also creates the fear of separation, which can help deepen the bond between two people.

Entactogens
This drug (found in MDMA pills like ecstasy) creates the feeling of openness and the desire for emotional closeness, claims the paper. This could increase the connection and sociability between people if it was present in a pill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't love an Illusion?   Why isn't love an Illusion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why isn't love an Illusion?
Page 1 of 1