A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meditation is for losers

Go down 
+6
Abigail
whipthelego
prism
ultraviolet
FleurDeLis
GenericTylerDurden
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

Meditation is for losers Empty
PostSubject: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:23 am

that shit is boring and a waste of your life.
I'd rather play video games.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:12 am

lol ... I'm sure you can meditate through playing video games; I really don't think meditation requires sitting/laying still, chanting funky sounds and whatnot. Dunno, sitting still ain't for me, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:46 pm

weed and music(with my headphones), I consider that meditation. drunken
Back to top Go down
prism

prism

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 pm

lol, yeah. It's not really meditation if what you're doing makes you feel like so much of an asshole you cant even focus.
Back to top Go down
whipthelego

whipthelego

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:11 pm

It's always been really hard for me to meditate too. I can't sit and do nothing. I am constantly multi tasking.
Back to top Go down
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Actually, the 'trance' or focus a lot of gamers are in can be considered the same as someone listening to chants,
Theres more ways to achieve it i suppose, I like meditating, but for me its more of a 'be on my own, away from things and take some time to just be'

I can do that sitting crossed legged sniffing insense, or walking in the woods, enjoying the sun in the garden with a cocktail,
Whatever i feel like at that point.

Chanting music, celtic music, hardrock, it all depends on my mood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 pm

I tend to meditate whilst driving or doing housework (yeah I must be a loser). I loose myself in doing dishes or driving. Also play games with my daughter I suppose you could consider meditation, except she is a chatterbox, she even talks / cries/ laughs whilst sleeping.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 am

particle wrote:
I tend to meditate whilst driving or doing housework (yeah I must be a loser). I loose myself in doing dishes or driving. Also play games with my daughter I suppose you could consider meditation, except she is a chatterbox, she even talks / cries/ laughs whilst sleeping.

I guess that makes me a loser too (oh bummer lol! ); driving takes my mind into a different zone ... so does cleaning, with the exception of doing the dishes.
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:17 am

mediation is so cool Smile you just don't know how to do it properly Smile
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:49 am

Sparky23 wrote:

Sarcasm is cool too.
The Amerriken kind
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:16 pm

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
Sparky23 wrote:

Sarcasm is cool too.
The Amerriken kind

ok lol not sure if youwere serious Smile
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Sparky23 wrote:
GenericTylerDurden wrote:
Sparky23 wrote:

Sarcasm is cool too.
The Amerriken kind

ok lol not sure if youwere serious Smile

Only if u were
Back to top Go down
sovnd

sovnd

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 am

Meditation is for losers Tumblr_ls1cwmvTfm1qe6mn3o1_400
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 am

Rainbows are forbidden here! lol jk
Back to top Go down
Sontlux

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Idk guys. I'm ADHD and just about the most fun loving person you'll ever find. But with the help of Hookah, I did discover meditation. For a short while it was hard, but it quickly got easier. I've had visions and cool shit happen while meditating. But best of all, I can now be walking down the street, just take a deep breath, and feel completely... complete. In control and surrendered. If you can't relate, go meditate!
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Smoking Hookah can definitely bring you some place else alien and taking a good breath is quite liberating; after all, we run on oxygen! ... meditation can take different forms imo, it's not crucial to mediate by the book to get neat experiences or receive the benefit of meditation. To each their own Smile.
Back to top Go down
Harry Bush

Harry Bush

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 am

I'm definitely not an expert on meditation, but I think that meditation is about getting your mind off stressful thoughts and consequently reducing the amount of stress hormones in the system. Any activity that you can focus in, could qualify as long as it carries less stress than the activities you are normally involved. I guess that there are several degrees of meditation and being still with muscles relaxed, breathing deep and with your mind focused on something relaxed and simple, is the best way.
Personally, keeping my mind quiet is the hardest part and I haven't figure out how to do it, yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meditation is for losers   Meditation is for losers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meditation is for losers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: Spirituality-
Jump to: