A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roadkill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

Roadkill Empty
PostSubject: Roadkill   Roadkill Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:41 am

That stuff is getting under my skin! I feel a deep connection to animals and there is not much else I hate more than seeing dead animals on the side of the road. I just got back from taking my kids to school and saw two dead rabbits and a dead deer on the side of the road Sad Sad Sad .... That sucks!!! Big time!!!!! I really don't know what to do about it other than trying to mind-control reckless drivers. Fencing on the sides of the roads is just not feasible. Less roads? Well yes, that would curb roadkill but that ain't happening either. Ugh .... 😢
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

Roadkill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadkill   Roadkill Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Isn't much you can do about it except be extra vigilant when driving.

If you ever do drive through the country side late at night, honk your horn for about five seconds, three times. It deters deer away from the noise for about a five mile radius. Less chance of deer jumping out in-front of your vehicle.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

Roadkill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadkill   Roadkill Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Maybe that's why some train drivers (isn't there another word for that job? lol) honk the horn at night when they come through our area; usually they don't honk here.

I usually drive rather slow in areas that are prone to have wildlife crossing the street; that's no guaranteed safety though ... I shall use the horn too. Nice suggestion, thank you.

I thought about this roadkill issue some more today and I must say dead animals have a much stronger impact on me than dead people. I've seen my fair share of dead human bodies in my lines of work thus far; as a nurse I experienced some dying in my presence ... at the crematory (I had an office job there for a while) they were already long gone. It's weird to work with or around dead humans but it doesn't really bother me to see them dead ... the dear this morning, on the other hand, made me shed some tears.
Back to top Go down
Idle Thoughts

Roadkill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadkill   Roadkill Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 pm

It is unfortunate. Tends to happen over here to Kangaroos.

Except when a Kangaroo is hit by a car (normally does a few hundred dollar worth of damage or in my dads case $4000 a few years ago) but the Kangaroo gets up and tends to jump away and dies a couple of days later
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

Roadkill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadkill   Roadkill Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Idle Thoughts wrote:
It is unfortunate. Tends to happen over here to Kangaroos.

Except when a Kangaroo is hit by a car (normally does a few hundred dollar worth of damage or in my dads case $4000 a few years ago) but the Kangaroo gets up and tends to jump away and dies a couple of days later

I must say I like the fact that the kangaroo causes significant damage to the car; humans are reckless in a variety of ways and we don't tend to pay the price immediately which causes us to think all is good when it isn't.

However, I almost killed a cat a few ago and the experience left me shaking for a while. Silly thing ran onto the street at night and I barely managed to stop the car despite the fact that I wasn't speeding ... Roadkill sucks, but I see now that there isn't necessarily anything one can do to prevent it Sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roadkill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadkill   Roadkill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadkill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: The Wrongs of This World-
Jump to: