Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sovnd

PostSubject: The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Ok I was going to make a serious thread about humans as commodities but I came across this site and I lost my edge cause I laughed.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos -- Photos of Customers

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/hate-mail -- Hate Mail

If you've ever worked in a supermarket you'll appreciate this, it's pretty fuckin' hilarious.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:59 pm

lol ... the hate mail tops everything.
Back to top Go down
prism

PostSubject: Re: The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart   Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:30 am

What happens when you aren't a commodity anymore?

Knew a kid who worked at walmart that (stupidly) stole from the registers. They caught him on the first try, but didn't inform him. He just thought he was slick so he kept doing it.

They busted his ass once he got 7$ over the minimum amount stolen to bump up from crime from misdemeanor to felony.

Back to top Go down
sovnd

PostSubject: Re: The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart   Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:26 am

prism wrote:

Knew a kid who worked at walmart that (stupidly) stole from the registers. They caught him on the first try, but didn't inform him. He just thought he was slick so he kept doing it.

They busted his ass once he got 7$ over the minimum amount stolen to bump up from crime from misdemeanor to felony.

wow, thats bad luck. i've always been too paranoid to steal, and never been desperate enough.
think it's pretty cruel that they set him up, especially if it means jail time.
those jobs are fuckin soul destroying, it wouldn't surprise me if people do it just for a thrill...
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart   Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

sovnd wrote:
prism wrote:

wow, thats bad luck. i've always been too paranoid to steal, and never been desperate enough.
think it's pretty cruel that they set him up, especially if it means jail time.
those jobs are fuckin soul destroying, it wouldn't surprise me if people do it just for a thrill...

Yeah, I used to work for Wal-Mart when I was younger. Letting someone rack up a felony is a normal practice there. Personally, I find that an immoral and unethical twisting of the law, which Wal-Mart should have just fired him on the spot if they had proof he was stealing.

PostSubject: Re: The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart   

Back to top Go down

The Human Commodity - People Of Walmart
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1