A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A musical diary - Express your day through music

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

A musical diary - Express your day through music  Empty
PostSubject: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I often find people that don't know how to express themselves through words, or maybe that just don't want to talk about it but still express how they feel somehow(no matter if happy or sad, or else) and possibly connect to somebody. Music might be the way

Find a song (or a musical piece of some sort) that describes your overall feeling for the day or a a particular part of the day. If you like the lyrics but the sound doesn't really fit your day or vice versa, just clarify it so we know what you are referencing to.

I shall begin:

I feel a' little green bag' today, everything seems kinda nuts.

Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:33 am

I talked to the IG (Inspector General) today, which before I left to go talk to her, I let my supervisor know. One of my co-workers over heard this and asked if I was seriously going to go talk to her about authorizing BAS II (Basic Allowance for Substitence Type 2). Her tone and mannerism was in the fashion that she was ridiculing me for my folly and asked why I even cared. The reason she asked is because I wouldn't be eligible for BAS II, so why waste my time. However, if approved, it would result in extra money towards food allowance for about five hundred eligible Airmen. Simply, it was about principle, and that is what I told her. I don't benefit from BAS II being approved, but other people do. For whatever reason, doing something out of principle doesn't click for people. It is like there has to be some sort of personal gain for an individual to be motivated to help other people or even care about them. Hence, the song.

I had my meeting with the IG and she went over with me what she found. The complaint was found inadequate, so BAS II isn't going to be authorized. This, I already knew from the start was the most probable outcome, but like I said, it being about principle is why I still pursued it. Ironically, I'm the only Airman that took the issue this far. Many that knew they were eligible only bitched and moaned. The way I see it, if you aren't going to do anything, then shut the fuck up. The reality is that my complaint was completely adequate, it is just that an illusion to cover their ass was created so that they wouldn't have to pay the additional money. The reason my request was denied is laughable. Using common sense, five hundred Airmen can not cook in five different 8x8 kitchens. Likewise, if statistics say that only 17% of Airmen on meal card use the dining facility, then the dining facility is inadequate in servicing five hundred Airmen. That means the dining facility should be quadruple its size. There are far more outlandish excuses, but that gives you an idea. Realistically, the regulation for BAS II needs to be dissolved if every trick in the book is going to be pulled to avoid paying it, because it becomes a pointless regulation.

Anyhow, the woman was very polite, but she had her arms crossed almost the whole time we discussed her findings. Her body language suggests she was in defensive mode and thought I would be very resistant in the denial. Meh, I wasn't resistant in the slightest because I knew about a week before I talked to her today that it would be denied. Likewise, she did what she said she would do and did what she could within her power. Unfortunately, this definitely doesn't boost morale among the Airmen who know they are getting screwed over.

Back to top Go down
prism

prism

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:36 am

This morning was all death metal heart sutra:

Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I've been stuck on this for the last few days ...

Back to top Go down
Oliver

Oliver

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 pm

got home from work today, crashed on the sofa and this song was playing...

Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A musical diary - Express your day through music    A musical diary - Express your day through music  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A musical diary - Express your day through music
Page 1 of 1