A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It is not a matter of if, but when...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harry Bush

Harry Bush

It is not a matter of if, but when... Empty
PostSubject: It is not a matter of if, but when...   It is not a matter of if, but when... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:06 am

God, I hate that phrase. Can't we say something different or at least use it more sporadicaly?
Anyway,
What a nice New Year's present....a beautiful green comet that will be visible to a naked eye in a few days. Comet C/2014 Q2 lovejoy has been visible since Christmas with binoculars, but it will get up to magnitude +4 pretty soon and it will be all over the news...the beautiful green comet "Lovejoy" came ringing the New Year.
What I don't expect to see much is people talking about: what if that comet was coming towards Earth? It was discovered less than five months ago....we had no idea that it was coming prior to that, and if it was coming towards Earth, it would impact Earth in a couple of days and what you would be reading right now would be my goodbye post. It would be actually the epiphany of ironies having Earth being destroyed by a comet named "Lovejoy". At least I think that we would have the time to change its name to something more appropriated like Comet "wearefucked" or something like that, that's it.
.....and for you wishing the end of the world....don't be so disappointed. There are more than a dozen comets visible every single night with a big telescope and most like millions of comets orbiting around the sun. We have no idea when one of them will show up in our neigborhood.
Back to top Go down

It is not a matter of if, but when...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: Clockwork Cafe-
Jump to: