A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crucifixion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rockhound

Rockhound

Crucifixion Empty
PostSubject: Crucifixion   Crucifixion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Cause of death: CRUCIFIXION
We have been nailing people to trees, poles and of course crosses, but this is what I believe to be a real crucifixion.
Yeah I know, a dude died and society dictates that I should be feeling sorry for him, not making fun of it, but lets admit...it is very ironic, sad and funny at the same time. Apparently God also kills in mysterious ways.
Quote :
A 21-year old man has died after being crushed by a crucifix erected in honour of Pope John Paul II in northern Italy.

Marco Gusmini was killed instantly and one other man taken to hospital, Italian media reported.

Part of the 30m-high (100ft) sculpture collapsed at a ceremony ahead of the Pope's canonisation. John Paul II and his predecessor, Pope John XXIII, are due to be declared saints on Sunday.

The crucifix commemorates the Pope's visit to the area in 1998.

The installation, near the town of Cevo, was designed as a large curved cross with a statue of Jesus Christ, weighing 600kg (1,320lb), fixed to the top.

A group of children was reported to be in attendance at the time.

The cross was designed by sculptor Enrico Job and was created for John Paul II's visit to nearby Brescia.

The two popes will be declared saints at the Vatican on Sunday.

It is not the first death caused by a falling crucifix in Italy.

In 2004, the Associated Press reported that a 72-year old woman had been crushed to death by a 7ft-tall metal crucifix in the town of Sant'Onofrio in the south of the country.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27145931
Back to top Go down

Crucifixion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: Clockwork Cafe-
Jump to: