A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bandwagons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andiana Jones

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am

I hate when people believe and preach a point of view simply because it seems like the popular or fun thing to believe. They do not think independently enough to obtain these points of view with their own logic and reasoning abilities. Instead they just pick a 'cool' belief like they're on a grocery store isle and argue in its favor to the death with anyone who challenges it. The thing pissing me off the most about this is that they truly do not know (on their own) why they believe what they believe. Instead of using their own logic, they use the bandwagon's herd mentality, bias, talking points and cliches to argue in the belief's defense. It's a mental virus full of other people's thoughts besides the individual's, and it needs to be eradicated with system busting individualism. This is an example of one type of bandwagon-er I cannot stand:

Bandwagon atheists:
I don't care if someone is atheist/agnostic if they've arrived at the belief with their own knowledge. I respect that a lot actually. But if someone is an atheist because their friends are atheists or because they think atheism will make them seem cool or smart drives me crazy. They love to attack and bash culty religious people (Mormons for example) but at the same time they themselves always look up to other atheists to make sure their own thoughts are in check with the status quo. Bullshit.

I hate bandwagons. Which types piss you off?
Back to top Go down
Oliver

Oliver

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:03 am

Welcome to the clockwork bandwagon. lol.
Every opinion puts you in some sort of bandwagon. I consider myself to be a pretty good freethinker, but I also have to admit that it is impossible for me or anyone else to think and question about everything we get into, therefore sometimes we have to jump into some bandwagon without questioning the reasons very much in order to focus our thinking on things that we consider more important to us.  It is a natural instinctive behavior....when you don't know what to do, do what everybody else is doing...classic herd behavior, but this behavior can also be an evolutionary instrument as long as there are thinkers inside of these groups who believe that things can always be improved. 
You mentioned "bandwagon atheist", but I have a hard time believing that a real believer would jump into that wagon just to look cool....there is a hefty price for that somewhere in those sacred books. Many/most atheists of today, came from religious backgrounds. During their "damnation" process (when people really start to think about religion) there is a period when you look at older atheists for support or validation of your thoughts, and that's pretty natural. 

Quote :
I hate bandwagons. Which types piss you off?
Mainly related to politics because it affects the lives of everybody. Too many idiots with power making decisions nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Andiana Jones

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:01 am

Of course they would look to other atheists that were older for more validation. When I got out of Christianity, I looked for people to learn from because I was still scared shitless of what would happen to me when I died. (I grew up in the Bible Belt) You are right, going into unfamiliar territory requires some assistance. But I have met those who do not come from religious backgrounds who call themselves atheists for the wrong reasons. One girl (whose favorite brother is an atheist) told me it was illogical to believe in God or heaven. She gave me a classic lecture of how atheism is the right form of thinking and that people shouldn't waste their time on believing in Jesus or Buddha. Then about ten minutes later she was telling me that she personally believed in reincarnation. I could tell that her atheist lecture had come from someone else's mind, not hers. But the reincarnation part had come from her own mind and was in conflict with what she claims to beleve. Yet still she defends atheism (like her older sibling would) even though her own belief of reincarnation contradicts her other belief. Lol you see what I'm talking about? I mean I guess there can be atheists who believe in reincarnation, but I think they would be more like Buddhists. But this girl claimed Buddhism and all religion was stupid, so I'm thinking she's just trying to be like her role model brother, always defending atheism and antireligion.

And political bandwagons make my blood boil because like you said they affect everyone. And the corporate news media use them all the time to influence voter opinion.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

Oliver

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 am

well, maybe that girl was up to something. lol.
Reincarnation actually happens, but not in the way most people believe. We just recycle into a bunch of other things, including other living creatures....your mind goes when your brain goes, that's it...peace of mind again, actually no mind at all. lol....but I have to admit that the concept of eternal evolving mind is sweet enough for many people to stick to it or dream about it. In fact it may even be possible some day if we ever learn how to stop the aging process or how to download our minds into other bodies or machines....bluetooth implants for your brain.
Back to top Go down
Andiana Jones

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 am

I've always dreamed of a future where aging was obsolete and the mind could be preserved. Also where we can construct our own offspring's DNA at conception to make them superhumans who could be made less corruptable than today's humans. Of course that would come with potential consequences. I think a 'Futuristic/Utopian Ideas Discussions' section would be good on this forum lol.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

Oliver

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 am

I agree, but don't expect a lot of discussion on this forum. Right now it's just you and me. Shinning is kinda busy being pregnant and GenericTurd is having a beauty contest with his Mexican manager at work.
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:43 am

first of all, Andiana Jones, there must be something seriously wrong with you to join a forum with approximately 2.5 people posting on an irregular basis

secondly, why does this form of behavior, bandwagoning, "piss" you off or cause hatred inside of you? or, I'm guessing, that's just an exaggerated form of speech. If this behavior in others actually causes such emotional turmoil inside your mind, you should explore that, and get rid of it, because people will be people and then people will die and so will you.

the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bandwagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons   Bandwagons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bandwagons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: The Wrongs of This World-
Jump to: