Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Beyond Coincidence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oliver

PostSubject: Beyond Coincidence   Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 am

Beyond Coincidence
I really believe that the odds of these things happening are the same of a person winning the lottery without playing.

I work at this garden for almost 18 years and people come to visit us every day. We never/ever had a deaf person coming to visit the garden. Last Friday we had two....totally unrelated....one in the morning and another in the afternoon.

I always believed that "COINCIDENCE IS NOT COINCIDENCE" ……shit happens, but not by coincidence….lightening can strike twice at the same place and it is not by coincidence. The problem is: Normally I can come up with a reasonable explanation for it, but in this case, I have none.

I have many "freaking" coincidences happening around me, but I always find a connection, even if is tiny. Our brains are somehow synchronized by events and we don’t even realize it (synchronicity in time and space). An exaggerated example would be:
Let’s assume that you are in a supermarket and someone drops a case of eggs on the floor and makes a big mess. The automatic thought coming to everyone (present at the scene- same time and space) would be: shit, someone is going to have to clean that mess (their brains got synchronized by one single event in time and space) ….a few minutes later, a supermarket employee shows up and clean it. (I'm psychic.... I knew that it would happen..lol) On the other hand, the thought : shit, someone is going to have to clean that mess" would never come up to guy sitting in his living room watching football (away/unaware from the original event)

Anyway, if you experienced any kind of "Beyond Coincidence" event share it here.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 pm

what if someone posted on a deaf person forum that the garden was a cool place to check out? 

regarding the egg dropping situation, my first thoughts would most likely be:

1. haha
2. sucks to be him
3. sucks even worse to be the guy cleaning that up
4. i wonder if they'll make him pay for that
5. lol I'm glad i'm not the guy who has to clean that up
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 am

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
what if someone posted on a deaf person forum that the garden was a cool place to check out? 

1. haha
2. sucks to be him
Quote :
Nice try, but nope. 
The deaf guy in the morning, has a business (The Silent Garden) .....cool name btw, and the deaf lady in the afternoon was a companion for an obnoxious guy (I guess that being deaf is the only way to put up with that asshole).

Quote :

1. haha
2. sucks to be him

Haha, this is how monkeys think: 

1. What a waste.
2. Wait a moment, that still can be good for something.
3. if it's free...I'll take that.
4. This is your brain at the supermarket.
5. Cool, I can use this event in one of my threads.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 pm

that doesn't preclude that they got the idea to go there from a deaf forum. For example, I might get the idea to go to six flags from this forum, and I then might recommend it to a group of people who I have influence over

anyways, wikipedia estimates that 1/1,000 people are deaf. How many people a day visit? Statistically, this was inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:20 pm

that doesn't preclude that they got the idea to go there from a deaf forum. For example, I might get the idea to go to six flags from this forum, and I then might recommend it to a group of people who I have influence over

anyways, wikipedia estimates that 1/1,000 people are deaf. How many people a day visit? Statistically, this was inevitable.
I agree, but the odds of two on the same day are pretty slim.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:15 am

Anyway, the purpose of this thread for people to share their "beyond coincidence" experiences and maybe discuss possible explanations for them.
Recently, I bumped into this video and what they are saying is pretty logical and it does explain why most people are impressed when these things happen, but I'm not most people. I'm not impressed very easy to start. Just to give an example: A while ago I was in my dungeon listening to piano music with my earphones. My wife was in the kitchen. I had the song that I was listening stuck to my mind and when I went to the kitchen, I noticed that my wife was very quietly singing a song. I asked her to sing it a little louder and it turned out to be the same song. Simple coincidence, right? Not really, because that particular song no longer plays on the radio and to make things more intriguing, that song is not even the kind of music she listen to. I was surprised to know that she even knew about that song, but apparently she did. I just have a hard time finding what triggered that song's memory to come to her mind at that moment....pure coincidence???
Anyway, this is the video:

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 am

lol, yea, how many times were u listening to a song and she was NOT humming it?

divided by the number of minutes you have known each other from day 1

anyways, okay, granted that's kind of "awesome" since you're married and all and that's a cool experience

I don't even know where to begin on my strange synchronitcities. Were I to believe there's some magical powers tying all the coincidental stuff together, I'd be too anxiety-ridden to enjoy life anymore. I mean, fucking street lights go out right when I walk under them. I wonder, is it the street light that just always goes out, and it just so happens that I walked under it? But it happens to me at, me thinks, a much igher rate than average... or, is it because I spend way more minutes outside walking than the average bloke? who the fuck knows. when i went through my schizophrenic homeless episode last year, I started thinking I could take pictures of the "Daan" like our friend Shining does, then, I realized, it was a little camera flare that happens when you point an iphone at a light.

anyways.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 am

take your pick:
https://www.google.com/search?q=I+cause+electric+interference+with+radio+reception&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#sclient=tablet-gws&client=safari&hl=en&q=can+people+interfere+with+electronics&oq=can+people+interfere+with+&gs_l=tablet-gws.1.0.0.31450.39636.0.42121.30.12.2.16.17.0.213.1547.2j8j2.12.0...0.0...1c.1.18.tablet-gws-psy.9ov0Dcblcz4&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.48340889,d.eWU&fp=5e612ea1cba938d7&biw=1024&bih=672

Except for the occasional radio and TV interference (antenna reception), most electronics work as expected near me. My wife on the other hand, drives electronics crazy, but I'm not ready to call CNN yet. I heard of cases a lot worse than her. The blowing street lights even made into movies about paranormal activities....it cannot be that rare, but still a very interesting subject.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:50 am

Quote :
I don't even know where to begin on my strange synchronitcities. Were I to believe there's some magical powers tying all the coincidental stuff together, I'd be too anxiety-ridden to enjoy life anymore. I mean, fucking street lights go out right when I walk under them. I wonder, is it the street light that just always goes out, and it just so happens that I walked under it? But it happens to me at, me thinks, a much igher rate than average... or, is it because I spend way more minutes outside walking than the average bloke? who the fuck knows. when i went through my schizophrenic homeless episode last year, I started thinking I could take pictures of the "Daan" like our friend Shining does, then, I realized, it was a little camera flare that happens when you point an iphone at a light.
Interesting indeed.
Are all of these people claiming to affect  street lights/electronics lying? Are they delusional?
Perhaps its just a case of very selective memory. You just forget about the numerous times you walk under a street light and nothing happened, but retain and reinforce the ones when a street light blows. Add mass hysteria to the mix and here we go...a self feeding delusion. Now, if something like that happened with consistence, I'm sure that scientists would be able to measure and we would see labels warning "electric people" to stay away from electronic sensitive equipment.  Keep in mind that certain "rare events" like a supernova for example, are quite common due to the insane number of stars. We have over seven billion people on this planet, it should not be difficult to find a couple of people with real powers, scientifically test them and give them a TV show like the "Long Island Medium".

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 pm

This one is fucking crazy.
We do propagate many plants at work and nothing gets done without my instructions. Most of the cuttings for propagation are stuck by one girl from Guatemala. She speaks a dialect that sounds more like whales clicking...no english and very little spanish.
Anyway, a couple of months back while inspecting my cuttings I notice a partial tray of cuttings from a plant that is very hard to propagate, besides that, the cuttings were stuck in peat moss alone and that's something that we never do. I imagined that it was her job, but I didn't say anything...what was the point? It would be more productive if I asked my turtles. Surprisingly all of the cuttings produced roots, which is amazing because I never rooted such percentage before. Last week, I found a full tray of cuttings from the same plant again in straight peat moss....wtf. I never told her to do it, and why that plant in particular with so many others to choose from?  Why straight peat moss? It makes no sense. I refuse to accept the "pure coincidence" option, but where did that came from? Apparently the acidic nature of straight peat moss and it's water retention capabilities are making the difference during the rooting process, but how she would know that? She doesn't even know how to read or write. Peat moss has a pH of approximately 3.5- 4.0 which is too acidic for rooting most cuttings, but apparently is working in this case, go figure. The fucking irony is that I have a pretty cool aeroponics propagation system and I don't get the same results. lol.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:40 am

1. So ur planting cannabis??

2. Funny u mention the Guatemalan girl; I sat next to a lady who owns her own Guatemalan restaurant. We were playing poker today. She hit a jackpot hand and the table-share was $743 (my cut).
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:06 am

1. So ur planting cannabis??

2. Funny u mention the Guatemalan girl; I sat next to a lady who owns her own Guatemalan restaurant. We were playing poker today. She hit a jackpot hand and the table-share was $743 (my cut).
Nope, cannabis is illegal around here and I believe it's very easy to root because many idiots on youtube have some sucess rooting it. People with good systems can get some roots to form within 10 days (that's pretty fast) and pretty much 100% sucess rate.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 am

Interesting you linking my post to cannabis. That shows what's in your head. lol.
I haven't mentioned the word "clone" (the NSA is watching us). If you google "cloning plants", most like you will get Cannabis.
Perhaps it was the word "aeroponics"/ hydroponics....we have a hydroponic store in the backass country here and they ain't selling stuff for people to grow vegetables.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 am

I didn't write this on my post, but I was planning to take some cutting of that plant in August anyway and the Guatemalan girl did it without me telling her to do it. It is not the first time she's done something without me telling her what to do (I actually encourage self thinking), but that never involved sticking cuttings. Several times in the past...I saw something that needed to be done and when I arrive at work next morning...it is done. It is like she is reading my thoughts or I'm forcing my will on her like Obi Wan kenobi (it's better for my ego that way). On the other hand, she may just be smarter than it appears (despite her lack of communication skills) and she is just doing things that need to be done. I'm only being impressed by the hits not the misses.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:02 am

Close calls....
We don't get that often, but in the last ten days I almost got into a car accident three times. Maybe is not coincidence....someone is trying to kill me.
The first time was the worse....I was driving on a one lane road (around 50mph) and a dump truck is coming on the opposite direction just a few yards from me. Over the sudden, a car pull from behind the truck trying to pass him. It was one of those Crown Victoria normally driven by old people. I could not brake and stay on my lane because he was coming towards me...my only option was to escape toward the road shoulders, but there was a road sign in there...left to the sign a ditch with a covert and a dirt road on top of it. Every decision happened on a split second...I went to the shoulders (braking my car, but not to the point of locking my wheels) almost lost control of my vehicle and flipped, but I end up safely stopping at the little dirt road. Afterwards, I was thinking about my decisions and what would have happened to someone else in the same situation. My wife was next to me, and she still can't figure out how we avoided crashing the car.
The next incident happened a few days later....I was driving on this one lane road and this fucker coming on a side road turned into my lane without even looking on my direction. I had to jump into the other lane in order to avoid him. Fortunately, no one was coming on the opposite lane.
The last incident happened yesterday, and again I'm going around 50mph on this two lane road, and this guy coming really fast on a side road decide to cross in front of me...he finally changed his mind at the last second and stopped his car.
I'm wondering if I'm paranoid, or if these people are fucked up, or if it's just a big coincidence.
Perhaps, all of the above.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Hmmm. Life is playing chicken with you.
Back to top Go down
Shining

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 pm

You're in FL dude, that traffic is scarier than NY traffic, even with the snow.

Be glad you're not in L.A. I have never been so scared in a car in my life since driving on the freeway there...and I was just a passenger.
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Shining wrote:
You're in FL dude, that traffic is scarier than NY traffic, even with the snow.

Be glad you're not in L.A.   I have never been so scared in a car in my life since driving on the freeway there...and I was just a passenger.

it's interesting the situations I use to accelerate personal growth;
I ride a motorcycle in L.A.,
and as you can imagine,
incidents happen where ignorant drivers almost side swipe me,
or switch lines without checking their side view,

so,
I've used these situations to conquer my anger (almost once and for all),
since these situations happen instantaneously and anger pops up instantaneously,
this type of road rage anger is the most difficult to control,
now,
I have become good at just reacting to the situation,
[brake/dodge/accelerate/leave/resist urge to retaliate]
understanding that the person did not do it on purpose,
and that ignorance is ignorance,
it is what it is,
and I should not be angry.
Back to top Go down
Shining

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:02 am

You are brave riding on a bike in L.A. Gigantic, steel balls. I won't get on a motorcycle anyway, but that would push me over the edge.

No thanks.

Life is a good teacher....it's taken me a long time to learn to control my anger. Every year I mellow more and it gets easier.

I'm hoping by the time I'm 40 I'll be cool as a cucumber.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:43 am

Shining wrote:
You are brave riding on a bike in L.A.  Gigantic, steel balls.  I won't get on a motorcycle anyway, but that would push me over the edge.

No thanks.

Life is a good teacher....it's taken me a long time to learn to control my anger.  Every year I mellow more and it gets easier.

I'm hoping by the time I'm 40 I'll be cool as a cucumber.
Quote :
Life is a good teacher....it's taken me a long time to learn to control my anger.  Every year I mellow more and it gets easier.

I'm hoping by the time I'm 40 I'll be cool as a cucumber
Wait until you reach menopause LOL

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:18 am

I actually look forward to menopause.

I love life, but riding the arch of it is intense sometimes. Menopause will mean I'm heading toward the downhill side....

Time to trip on.
Back to top Go down
Rockhound

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Shining wrote:
I actually look forward to menopause.

I love life, but riding the arch of it is intense sometimes.  Menopause will mean I'm heading toward the downhill side....

Time to trip on.
That's odd...
It's like me saying that I look forward baldness, ED and annual prostate exams.
Back to top Go down
Shining

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:24 am

The end of the ride. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm

This one is really freaky...
I work at this event every year and right next to me there is this Jamaican guy playing the steel drums and singing. He is horrible...the same stupid songs over and over again and he is a really bad singer. Some people complain (in private), but for some reason the owners of the place keep bringing him year after year. I guess that's the only place he can play without getting shot.
Anyway, I mentioned about this guy to a friend of mine (from the IS) and she told me that she prayed for his steel drum to break. I was hoping for a lightening bolt or a more permanent solution, but over the sudden I noticed that he was not singing and playing very little. Apparently, something went wrong with his equipment. Later I found out that his amplifier broke and he was waiting for his wife to bring another one. He told me that after six years playing, this was the first time it happened.
I never mentioned this to my IS friend because I don't really believe this kind of things and I didn't want to reinforce that on her.
I honestly don't know what to say....coincidence???? probably, but very hard to swallow.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond Coincidence   

Back to top Go down

Beyond Coincidence
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: Philosophy-
Jump to: