Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...
 
PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 am

One of the main goals this Gun Legislation was the implementation of Universal Background Checks on the purchase of guns in order to prevent criminals and the MENTALLY ILL from buying guns.

.....well, if you are the kind of person who think that you should have a gun with you in order to protect yourself from the other person (like you) with a gun or have more guns and bigger guns to outgun the other guy with guns....IDK, but you are feeding a vicious circle with deadly consequences while boosting the profits of the gun manufactures...A VERY PROFITABLE PUPPET I would say....this is also called The GUN PARANOIA and it could be easily be interpreted as a MENTAL ILLNESS, thus preventing most gun lovers from buying guns.

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
HornusPornus

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:02 am

I don't see any logic behind this gun legislation law...i mean ok it would forbid mentally unstable citizens to carry fireamrs but it wouldn't stop the thugs to have them. Maybe it would work like the liquor ban of the old times fuelling black market sales and gun merchants would have a party, people tend to want more something that is forbidden.
Here a citizen cannot just go and buy a gun, the laws are too strict. But you can go downtown and get a russian gun (with absolutely no guarantee it even works lol) laws in general don't seem to work a lot eh ?
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:02 pm

HornusPornus wrote:
I don't see any logic behind this gun legislation law...i mean ok it would forbid mentally unstable citizens to carry fireamrs but it wouldn't stop the thugs to have them. Maybe it would work like the liquor ban of the old times fuelling black market sales and gun merchants would have a party, people tend to want more something that is forbidden.
Here a citizen cannot just go and buy a gun, the laws are too strict. But you can go downtown and get a russian gun (with absolutely no guarantee it even works lol) laws in general don't seem to work a lot eh ?
Thugs will still be thugs, now how easy should we make for them to get guns?
In facts, thugs are just an excuse for both sides. Not far from here there is a place where people get murdered just about every day....the vast majority of it, drug related. The percentage of regular people getting murder by thugs is actually quite small. A much bigger problem is regular people using guns to resolve their daily disputes and to dump their frustrations at society like, killing their spouses, other people and themselves. "Guns Accidents" are also part of our the daily routine. Not too long ago the daughter of a pastor was killed inside of a church because some guy was showing his gun (inside of the church) to some other guy and he fired a shot through the wall hitting her.
This is an article I found on Mother Jones. I cannot confirm their numbers, but they are around what I imagine it would be.
Quote :
10 Pro-Gun Myths, Shot Down
Fact-checking some of the gun lobby's favorite arguments shows they're full of holes.
—By Dave Gilson | Thu Jan. 31, 2013 4:01 AM PST

By cutting off federal funding for research and stymieing data collection and sharing, the National Rifle Association has tried to do to the study of gun violence what climate deniers have done to the science of global warming. No wonder: When it comes to hard numbers, some of the gun lobby's favorite arguments are full of holes.

Myth #1: They're coming for your guns.
Fact-check: No one knows the exact number of guns in America, but it's clear there's no practical way to round them all up (never mind that no one in Washington is proposing this). Yet if you fantasize about rifle-toting citizens facing down the government, you'll rest easy knowing that America's roughly 80 million gun owners already have the feds and cops outgunned by a factor of around 79 to 1.


Sources: Congressional Research Service (PDF), Small Arms Survey

Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.
Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates. Also, gun death rates tend to be higher in states with higher rates of gun ownership. Gun death rates are generally lower in states with restrictions such as assault-weapons bans or safe-storage requirements.


Sources: Pediatrics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Myth #3: An armed society is a polite society.
Fact-check: Drivers who carry guns are 44% more likely than unarmed drivers to make obscene gestures at other motorists, and 77% more likely to follow them aggressively.
• Among Texans convicted of serious crimes, those with concealed-handgun licenses were sentenced for threatening someone with a firearm 4.8 times more than those without.
• In states with Stand Your Ground and other laws making it easier to shoot in self-defense, those policies have been linked to a 7 to 10% increase in homicides.


Myth #4: More good guys with guns can stop rampaging bad guys.
Fact-check: Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0
• Chances that a shooting at an ER involves guns taken from guards: 1 in 5

Myth #5: Keeping a gun at home makes you safer.
Fact-check: Owning a gun has been linked to higher risks of homicide, suicide, and accidental death by gun.
• For every time a gun is used in self-defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders, 11 suicide attempts, and 4 accidents involving guns in or around a home.
• 43% of homes with guns and kids have at least one unlocked firearm.
• In one experiment, one third of 8-to-12-year-old boys who found a handgun pulled the trigger.

Myth #6: Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer.
Fact-check: In 2011, nearly 10 times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by civilians trying to stop a crime.
• In one survey, nearly 1% of Americans reported using guns to defend themselves or their property. However, a closer look at their claims found that more than 50% involved using guns in an aggressive manner, such as escalating an argument.
• A Philadelphia study found that the odds of an assault victim being shot were 4.5 times greater if he carried a gun. His odds of being killed were 4.2 times greater.

Myth #7: Guns make women safer.
Fact-check: In 2010, nearly 6 times more women were shot by husbands, boyfriends, and ex-partners than murdered by male strangers.
• A woman's chances of being killed by her abuser increase more than 7 times if he has access to a gun.
• One study found that women in states with higher gun ownership rates were 4.9 times more likely to be murdered by a gun than women in states with lower gun ownership rates.

Myth #8: "Vicious, violent video games" deserve more blame than guns.
Fact-check: So said NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre after Newtown. So what's up with Japan?

United States Japan
Per capita spending
on video games $44 $55
Civilian firearms
per 100 people 88 0.6
Gun homicides
in 2008 11,030 11
Sources: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Small Arms Survey (PDF), UN Office on Drugs and Crime

Myth #9: More and more Americans are becoming gun owners.
Fact-check: More guns are being sold, but they're owned by a shrinking portion of the population.
• About 50% of Americans said they had a gun in their homes in 1973. Today, about 45% say they do. Overall, 35% of Americans personally own a gun.
• Around 80% of gun owners are men. On average they own 7.9 guns each.

Myth #10: We don't need more gun laws—we just need to enforce the ones we have.
Fact-check: Weak laws and loopholes backed by the gun lobby make it easier to get guns illegally.
• Around 40% of all legal gun sales involve private sellers and don't require background checks. 40% of prison inmates who used guns in their crimes got them this way.
• An investigation found 62% of online gun sellers were willing to sell to buyers who said they couldn't pass a background check.
• 20% of licensed California gun dealers agreed to sell handguns to researchers posing as illegal "straw" buyers.
• The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has not had a permanent director for 6 years, due to an NRA-backed requirement that the Senate approve nominees.

This article has been updated.

Icons in gun ownership chart: Handgun designed by Simon Child, rifle designed by Nadav Barkan, shotgun designed by Ammar Ceker, all from the Noun Project

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 am

Someone posted this comment on the net....sarcasm at its best. THANK YOU.

Quote :
I know! Heck if my child was blown away at school I wouldn't do anything either, just like you. After all, we would still have you guns to hug at night, right?

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:27 am

.......and another good one:

Quote :
Background check: "yes, I believe there is an invisible man who controls the world and knows everything I do before I do it." I'm sorry, you're not sane enough to own a gun.

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
Shining

avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:34 am

Dude, it's your right as an American to own a gun if you want one.

People should have the choice. I don't own a gun, but I might want to one day, and passing a background check is perfectly acceptable.

The other thing you need to think about...let's say they were able to eradicate all the guns from the general population; criminals would just learn other ways to complete their agenda; robbing people with machetes, building bombs to kill a crowd. It wouldn't really change anything other than their method.

I hate these fucks that say it's gun's faults that people get killed. It is absolutely true that people kill people...the gun is just the weapon they use to do it. If it wasn't a gun, they'd stab people. Or run them over with their car. Or choke them to death. Or poison...

Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 am

Shining wrote:
Dude, it's your right as an American to own a gun if you want one.

People should have the choice. I don't own a gun, but I might want to one day, and passing a background check is perfectly acceptable.

The other thing you need to think about...let's say they were able to eradicate all the guns from the general population; criminals would just learn other ways to complete their agenda; robbing people with machetes, building bombs to kill a crowd. It wouldn't really change anything other than their method.

I hate these fucks that say it's gun's faults that people get killed. It is absolutely true that people kill people...the gun is just the weapon they use to do it. If it wasn't a gun, they'd stab people. Or run them over with their car. Or choke them to death. Or poison...

I find this subject fascinating because it depicts clearly how people can be manipulated by activating their primitive brains....FEAR IN THIS CASE (from the bad guy/bogeyman, black helicopters, Nazis, Communists, Muslims, etc. ).... provide a way for people to COMPENSATE FOR THEIR INSECURITIES. (I'm a piece-of-shit, but you should respect me because I HAVE A GUN), or ESTABLISH DOMINANCE BY FORCE (Dictatorial Regimes).
I come from the future, as you already know, and in the future our modern brain is in full control and fear is an obsolete emotion therefore no need for dominance and consequently no insecurities. Smile


_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
HornusPornus

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:08 pm

The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it.
Adolf Hitler
Back to top Go down
Shining

avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:37 pm

I don't say what I say out of fear, I say it because I believe that we should be able to choose.

Same thing with abortion...I may not agree with it, or ever have one, but I think women should have the right to choose.

There's always gonna be crazy mother fuckers in the world willing to inflict harm on other people, and guns or not, where there's a will, there's a way.

I think the gov't has used what happened in New Town to fear-monger and manipulate people into bending over and spreading it....they just keep chipping away at our rights in this country...the 2nd amendment...Cispa and the 4th amendment....little by little, they are erasing the things that our founding fathers wanted for us all; the right to live freely and choose our own fates.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Greece is far away to be a country without problems, yet it has one of the lowest crime rates in Europe, any idea why?
I generally like to look at maps and graphs, this one is interesting and if you point at certain country it gives you theirs homicide rate.
I also read some place that black people are responsible for most of the violence. I'm not trying to be racist or politically correct either, but according to the article black people have higher levels of testosterone and more aggressive tendencies because of that. The higher level of testosterone in blacks could be also responsible for they higher rates of prostate cancer.
Quote :
J Natl Cancer Inst. 1986 Jan;76(1):45-8.
Serum testosterone levels in healthy young black and white men.
Ross R, Bernstein L, Judd H, Hanisch R, Pike M, Henderson B.
Abstract
Blacks in the United States have the highest prostate cancer rate in the world and nearly twice that of whites in the United States. The 2:1 black-to-white ratio in prostate cancer rates is already apparent at age 45 years, the age at which the earliest prostate cancer cases occur. This finding suggests that the factor(s) responsible for the difference in rates occurs, or first occurs, early in life. Testosterone has been hypothesized to play a role in the etiology of prostate cancer, because testosterone and its metabolite, dihydrotestosterone, are the principal trophic hormones that regulate growth and function of epithelial prostate tissue. This report gives the results of assays of circulating steroid hormone levels in white and black college students in Los Angeles, CA. Mean testosterone levels in blacks were 19% higher than in whites, and free testosterone levels were 21% higher. Both these differences were statistically significant. Adjustment by analysis of covariance for time of sampling, age, weight, alcohol use, cigarette smoking, and use of prescription drugs somewhat reduced the differences. After these adjustments were made, blacks had a 15% higher testosterone level and a 13% higher free testosterone level. A 15% difference in circulating testosterone levels could readily explain a twofold difference in prostate cancer risk.
PMID: 3455741 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

The map seems to point in that direction as well. Countries with a significant number of Blacks have higher rates of murder, perhaps Russia being one of the few exceptions. In South America countries with higher percentage of blacks have a higher homicide rate too (Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela).
There are many other social factors to be taken in consideration as well, but we should not ignore or try to hide the possible fact of genetics/chemistry being a major player in favor of a more politically correct point of view.
http://chartsbin.com/view/1454

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:18 am

Shining wrote:
I don't say what I say out of fear, I say it because I believe that we should be able to choose.

Same thing with abortion...I may not agree with it, or ever have one, but I think women should have the right to choose.

There's always gonna be crazy mother fuckers in the world willing to inflict harm on other people, and guns or not, where there's a will, there's a way.

I think the gov't has used what happened in New Town to fear-monger and manipulate people into bending over and spreading it....they just keep chipping away at our rights in this country...the 2nd amendment...Cispa and the 4th amendment....little by little, they are erasing the things that our founding fathers wanted for us all; the right to live freely and choose our own fates.
Quote :
I don't say what I say out of fear, I say it because I believe that we should be able to choose.
I was not referring to you in particular. Fear in one of our basic emotions, I'm not immune to it, but I try to recognize it and not make judgments based on it.
Choice is relative in a society. Would you say the same knowing that your neighbor has chosen to manufacture fireworks in his basement? It is his choice after all.
The same problem I have with guns, I would have no problem for people having guns as long as they could keep their bullets to themselves. I'm allergic to bullets. lol.
Quote :
.they just keep chipping away at our rights in this country...the 2nd amendment...Cispa and the 4th amendment....little by little, they are erasing the things that our founding fathers wanted for us all; the right to live freely and choose our own fates.
Our founding fathers had slaves and women could not vote....the World is changing and our laws have to change as well.

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
HornusPornus

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:01 am

Before i had internet i always wanted to live in the US or Canada....not now lol sorry ! The more i get to know the lifestyle and general mentality of the amercan continent from north to the south....the happier i am to live here, even if we're fucked lately. Yes i believe black people are more on the animal side, call me racist but they have many ape elements in their appearance, stronegr body (great asses though...) and i do believe they are a step behind in human evolution.
I know how this sounds, but if you think about it, it was the white race and Asian that achieved most scientific things. If people in africa were left without outside contact they would remain the same no matter how many millenia would pass, same for Native Americans maybe. Not that what the white race achieved is commendable lol because we fail to achieve balance, we're invariably too greedy.
Greek people have the Zorba mentality, maybe it's in the genes i dunno, but we in general want to enjoy life. And we have some genes from the ancient philosophers passed to us, so i guess maybe this is a factor too. We're far from perefct, but we're not as individualistic as Americans. If someone has an accident ont he street many will help.
Another VERY important factor is nutrition. Think toxins. People in the US Canada and Northern Europe consume shitty food, high in chlesterol, many canned foods, few totally natural things. Ok, it's becoming harder to find non-mutated food but people here grow their own in villages. Olive oil is indispensable for a healthy life, and one other thing i leanred from an old lady. Greeks and Italians and maybe some north african people have low vegetation in their diet. Yes, the lowly plants that grow in mountains mostly. Even neighbouring bulgarians mock us that we eat thigns suitable for cows, only because they're fucking idiots not knowing their immense value for a healthy life as they are so rich in anti0oxidization substances you cannot find in any other food.
It's no coincidence people in the island of Crete and Icaria have one of the biggest lifespans in the whole world, google about their diet, it's worth it Wink
Ancient Greeks said "to have a healthy mind, one must have a healthy body"....so difficult in today's society full of junk and mutated food eh ?
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am

HornusPornus wrote:
Before i had internet i always wanted to live in the US or Canada....not now lol sorry ! The more i get to know the lifestyle and general mentality of the amercan continent from north to the south....the happier i am to live here, even if we're fucked lately. Yes i believe black people are more on the animal side, call me racist but they have many ape elements in their appearance, stronegr body (great asses though...) and i do believe they are a step behind in human evolution.
I know how this sounds, but if you think about it, it was the white race and Asian that achieved most scientific things. If people in africa were left without outside contact they would remain the same no matter how many millenia would pass, same for Native Americans maybe. Not that what the white race achieved is commendable lol because we fail to achieve balance, we're invariably too greedy.
Greek people have the Zorba mentality, maybe it's in the genes i dunno, but we in general want to enjoy life. And we have some genes from the ancient philosophers passed to us, so i guess maybe this is a factor too. We're far from perefct, but we're not as individualistic as Americans. If someone has an accident ont he street many will help.
Another VERY important factor is nutrition. Think toxins. People in the US Canada and Northern Europe consume shitty food, high in chlesterol, many canned foods, few totally natural things. Ok, it's becoming harder to find non-mutated food but people here grow their own in villages. Olive oil is indispensable for a healthy life, and one other thing i leanred from an old lady. Greeks and Italians and maybe some north african people have low vegetation in their diet. Yes, the lowly plants that grow in mountains mostly. Even neighbouring bulgarians mock us that we eat thigns suitable for cows, only because they're fucking idiots not knowing their immense value for a healthy life as they are so rich in anti0oxidization substances you cannot find in any other food.
It's no coincidence people in the island of Crete and Icaria have one of the biggest lifespans in the whole world, google about their diet, it's worth it Wink
Ancient Greeks said "to have a healthy mind, one must have a healthy body"....so difficult in today's society full of junk and mutated food eh ?
Quote :
Yes i believe black people are more on the animal side, call me racist but they have many ape elements in their appearance, stronegr body (great asses though...) and i do believe they are a step behind in human evolution.
I know how this sounds, but if you think about it, it was the white race and Asian that achieved most scientific things. If people in africa were left without outside contact they would remain the same no matter how many millenia would pass, same for Native Americans maybe. Not that what the white race achieved is commendable lol because we fail to achieve balance, we're invariably too greedy.
We were all blacks not long time ago, our genes trace back to Africa, including "Brother Zorba" lol. Our ancestors migrated to other parts of the World, then geography started changing us. The ones far north, where there is less sunlight available, became white (less melanine in their skin- a protection against the sun) with blond hair and blue eyes. Skin cancer plagues white people who came back to sunny tropical areas.
.....then Geography again...it gets cold up north, if you don't build good shelters and store food, you fucking die. You are forced by nature to be creative and work hard. In tropical areas on the other hand, you only die if you don't want to open your mouth....people just take gifts from nature (until it runs out) and consequently don't need to evolve as fast in order to survive.

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
HornusPornus

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 am

everything flows my friend, and in the end everything dies. My personal view is that i prefer to enjoy my every minute without worrying too much about the future, i'm 47 i dont know how much more time i have, ionly know i have fewer days in front of me than behind me...surviving is important yes...living each moment as best as i can equally important Smile
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 am

A gun is a tool designed with one solely purpose....TO KILL...sometimes for hunting, but more often to kill another human being.
If you are one of those "Second Amendment Freak Gun Lovers" , there is definitely something mentally wrong with you .....no way around it......and you (specially) should not be allowed to have any guns.
Oh wait, but you have the right to protect yourself from a tyrannic government or from bad guy with an illegal gun, but where do you think those illegal guns are coming from?
Those were all legal guns at one point, but the gun lobby put all the effort to make guns easily available to anyone, quite often without any background check and no tracking, and many of these guns eventually are sold to criminals. This is a huge bloody business, there are so many guns being sold and traded in back rooms that we can even supply many the illegal guns sold in Mexico.
The reality is: You are just a blind puppet of the gun industry profiting from human blood....a disposable battery feeding a sick system.

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
Shining

avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 am

I think you are totally missing the point, Sid.

They could eradicate every single gun in the United States, and people would still find ways to murder other people.

It's not a weapon's problem, it's a social-emotional problem. We don't deal with mentally ill people in this country in an efficient way....I see it all the time in my work. You come into the E.R., they send you to mental health, you stay for a day or 3, and they discharge you.

Doesn't matter if you need longer treatment....out you go.

You can take guns away, but you can't take mentally ill away. People will just build bombs or attack people with other weapons...could you imagine if swords made a comeback???

(Instead of blowing your head off, I'll just chop it off)

And no, I wouldn't want my neighbor building fireworks, but that's illegal for a reason...and ultimately if he blows himself up, that's his bad. Guns aren't dangerous when they are owned by sane, capable people. It's when they end up in the hands of the deranged that they become a problem.

Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Wed May 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Shining wrote:
I think you are totally missing the point, Sid.

They could eradicate every single gun in the United States, and people would still find ways to murder other people.

It's not a weapon's problem, it's a social-emotional problem. We don't deal with mentally ill people in this country in an efficient way....I see it all the time in my work. You come into the E.R., they send you to mental health, you stay for a day or 3, and they discharge you.

Doesn't matter if you need longer treatment....out you go.

You can take guns away, but you can't take mentally ill away. People will just build bombs or attack people with other weapons...could you imagine if swords made a comeback???

(Instead of blowing your head off, I'll just chop it off)

And no, I wouldn't want my neighbor building fireworks, but that's illegal for a reason...and ultimately if he blows himself up, that's his bad. Guns aren't dangerous when they are owned by sane, capable people. It's when they end up in the hands of the deranged that they become a problem.

Quote :
I think you are totally missing the point, Sid.
That may have something to do with having twice the intelligence of most people on this rock.



_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

avatar

Posts : 312
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 pm

This conversation is awesome. Racism mixed with gun control. I can't say that I'm in agreement nor disagreement, yet. I can say that, I don't give a fuck.

I can say that, don't put me in power. I would remove all guns and say "haha fuck you." Problem solved, next?

The issue is about managing the multitudes of feelings that exist. Nobody gives a fuck about what really works. Every expert and layman's got an opinion, our country's gone soft. Every vote requires a vote requires a vote, and an appeal to make sure that the vote we voted on was actually satisfactory.

I've been bred and injected with apathy.

If the Newtown parents really gave a shit about gun control, they would have given a shit way before their kids got blown away. What you see is just a reactionary response motivated by grief.

I'm uncomfortable that Obama feels "angry," that the IRS is corrupt. Obama should not be so easily aroused to emotions. I prefer an emotionless logical president like Spock. Why? Because there are altogether way too many people to feel sorry for, too many wrongs to get angry about... A leader who is so easily angered is not a good leader. However, he's probably just trying to empathize with the American unlicensed, pretending to be angry just because everyone else is angry over the whole IRS corruption scandal.
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Thu May 16, 2013 10:43 pm

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
This conversation is awesome. Racism mixed with gun control. I can't say that I'm in agreement nor disagreement, yet. I can say that, I don't give a fuck.

I can say that, don't put me in power. I would remove all guns and say "haha fuck you." Problem solved, next?

The issue is about managing the multitudes of feelings that exist. Nobody gives a fuck about what really works. Every expert and layman's got an opinion, our country's gone soft. Every vote requires a vote requires a vote, and an appeal to make sure that the v/quote we voted on was actually satisfactory.

I've been bred and injected with apathy.
If the Newtown parents really gave a shit about gun control, they would have given a shit way before their kids got blown away. What you see is just a reactionary response motivated by grief.

I'm uncomfortable that Obama feels "angry," that the IRS is corrupt. Obama should not be so easily aroused to emotions. I prefer an emotionless logical president like Spock. Why? Because there are altogether way too many people to feel sorry for, too many wrongs to get angry about... A leader who is so easily angered is not a good leader. However, he's probably just trying to empathize with the American unlicensed, pretending to be angry just because everyone else is angry over the whole IRS corruption scandal.
Quote :
I can say that, don't put me in power. I would remove all guns and say "haha fuck you." Problem solved, next?
Ditto, don't forget the lollipop, suck on this instead...lol.
Quote :
However, he's probably just trying to empathize with the American unlicensed, pretending to be angry just because everyone else is angry over the whole IRS corruption scandal.
....you got that right.

_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

avatar

Posts : 312
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 am

U know how you prevent mass shootings from happening?

1st, make sure everyone in your country is fed. Fat & happy fools don't get mad, cuz they're fed.

2nd, make sure everyone's got a place to live. Homelessness can make you not give a fuckk...

Now, until those 2 problems are solved, I cannot respect a single politician that focuses on dumb bullshit like requiring universal background checks....

I'm like WTF. Pull your heads out yo asses. That ain't gonna solve shit.

That's sort of like giving someone with full blown herpes a paper towel-- so that he can wipe up his puss filled boils from his dick. Yea. That's exactly the analogy. Background checks and gun regulation is just trying to mop up the puss filled symptoms without having a clue what the real problem is. Who knows what specifically drove Adam Lanza batsshit crazy!? But focusing on what would have stopped him specifically is blehh, waste of time. Lets focus on how to stop the masses from going crazy, yea? Feed them, for one. Shelter them, two. Those two things, removed from my life, can (and maybe has) caused me to go batshit insane.
Back to top Go down
Shining

avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Fri May 17, 2013 6:14 am

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
This conversation is awesome. Racism mixed with gun control. I can't say that I'm in agreement nor disagreement, yet. I can say that, I don't give a fuck.

I can say that, don't put me in power. I would remove all guns and say "haha fuck you." Problem solved, next?

The issue is about managing the multitudes of feelings that exist. Nobody gives a fuck about what really works. Every expert and layman's got an opinion, our country's gone soft. Every vote requires a vote requires a vote, and an appeal to make sure that the vote we voted on was actually satisfactory.

I've been bred and injected with apathy.

If the Newtown parents really gave a shit about gun control, they would have given a shit way before their kids got blown away. What you see is just a reactionary response motivated by grief.

I'm uncomfortable that Obama feels "angry," that the IRS is corrupt. Obama should not be so easily aroused to emotions. I prefer an emotionless logical president like Spock. Why? Because there are altogether way too many people to feel sorry for, too many wrongs to get angry about... A leader who is so easily angered is not a good leader. However, he's probably just trying to empathize with the American unlicensed, pretending to be angry just because everyone else is angry over the whole IRS corruption scandal.

DING, DING, DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!!

And saying the IRS is corrupt is redundant, LOL. And why Obama is angry about it is just retarded. Doesn't he know that 99% of gov't agencies are corrupt?? Where the fuck has he been the last 5 years?
Back to top Go down
Oliver

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   Fri May 17, 2013 7:36 am

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
U know how you prevent mass shootings from happening?

1st, make sure everyone in your country is fed. Fat & happy fools don't get mad, cuz they're fed.

2nd, make sure everyone's got a place to live. Homelessness can make you not give a fuckk...

Now, until those 2 problems are solved, I cannot respect a single politician that focuses on dumb bullshit like requiring universal background checks....

I'm like WTF. Pull your heads out yo asses. That ain't gonna solve shit.

That's sort of like giving someone with full blown herpes a paper towel-- so that he can wipe up his puss filled boils from his dick. Yea. That's exactly the analogy. Background checks and gun regulation is just trying to mop up the puss filled symptoms without having a clue what the real problem is. Who knows what specifically drove Adam Lanza batsshit crazy!? But focusing on what would have stopped him specifically is blehh, waste of time. Lets focus on how to stop the masses from going crazy, yea? Feed them, for one. Shelter them, two. Those two things, removed from my life, can (and maybe has) caused me to go batshit insane.

Quote :
1st, make sure everyone in your country is fed. Fat & happy fools don't get mad, cuz they're fed.

2nd, make sure everyone's got a place to live. Homelessness can make you not give a fuckk...
Who are the ones making sure that banks kick you out in the streets.... don't care if you die because you cannot afford healthcare....wants to cut funds for education.....and wants to remove all of the safety nets ???????
THE SAME POLITICIANS SUPPORTING THE GUN INDUSTRY.
We cannot remove the guns from people by force, but we can create powerful groups to tilt the scale on the other direction. Not too long ago, it was cool to smoke a cigarette and there were ads everywhere promoting it. Today, we have ads with people with holes in their throats blaming cigarettes.
Newtown was the nail in the NRA's coffin. This time, it was not some black kids from the ghetto who got shot....not trying to be racist here.....but those could be the kids of most voters. It is going to be a slow process, but the noise is going to
get louder and louder after every shooting.


_________________
IN MONKEY WE TRUST
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate   

Back to top Go down
 
The reason Gun Control legislation failed in the US Senate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Minister: Tracey Fay was failed by the State
» The reason we are here....
» Breaking German Codes Real Reason for 1942 Dieppe Raid
» Moderator Control Panel
» Failed obtaining group and forum access control lists

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: The Wrongs of This World-
Jump to: