Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Since we like to talk about Germany....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oliver

PostSubject: Since we like to talk about Germany....   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 pm

"BERLIN -- A German court has ruled that circumcising young boys on religious grounds amounts to bodily harm even if parents consent to the procedure.

Cologne state court said the child's right to physical integrity trumps freedom of religion and parents' rights, German news agency dapd reported Tuesday.

The case involved a doctor accused of carrying out a circumcision on a 4-year-old that led to medical complications. The doctor was acquitted, however, and prosecutors said they won't appeal.

The president of Germany's Central Council of Jews, Dieter Graumann, called the ruling "unprecedented and insensitive," urging the country's parliament to clarify the legal situation "to protect religious freedom against attacks."

Graumann said the circumcision of newborn Jews has been practiced for thousands of years and "every country in the world respects this religious right."

Muslims also circumcise young boys, while many parents request it on health grounds.

The state court's ruling creates a tricky legal situation for doctors who perform the procedure on parents' orders.

Unlike female circumcision, there is no law prohibiting it and the ruling isn't binding for other courts. However, it sets a precedent that would be taken into account by other German courts when ruling on similar cases."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/german-court-circumcision_n_1628405.html?1340739992&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl15%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D173406

I don't know many Germans.....grew up associating Germans with Nazis....you know....BAD GUYS WHO LIKE TO KILL PEOPLE, but my views started changing after meeting a few .....today I associate them with "people without bullshit. "
This German ruling about circumcision, despite all the controversy that it may cause, it is just reinforcing that.

PostSubject: Re: Since we like to talk about Germany....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 am

interesting; I am pretty ignorant to everything outside of America; I can't say that this is my fault for being so ignorant, as learning other cultures was not stressed in school, so my ignorance is a product of my country's ignorance
Back to top Go down
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Since we like to talk about Germany....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 am

GenericTylerDurden wrote:
interesting; I am pretty ignorant to everything outside of America; I can't say that this is my fault for being so ignorant, as learning other cultures was not stressed in school, so my ignorance is a product of my country's ignorance
Schools are not really interested in teaching you about other cultures and even if they were, what difference would that make?.......Hey, this is the ju-ju fruit....it tastes like pineapple/banana/strawberries....wtf does that mean? You have to taste it in order to understand what it means.
You learn a lot more when you get to know someone from another culture.....and even better when you visit another country....and much better when you get to spend some time in another country and mingle with the locals.
America does a great job brainwashing its people.....most people claiming that America is the best country in the World never step a foot outside of it.

I found this article interesting about quality of life in other countries:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/galleries/2010/08/15/best-countries-in-the-world.html#slide1

PostSubject: Re: Since we like to talk about Germany....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 am

btw....do you know why they sell ju-ju fruit juices at stores? .....you know....I'm talking about those fruit blends, pineapple/orange/mango....
It is because they can dump any cheap shit they have available inside and you won't know the difference.
You know how a mango is supposed to taste, therefore you will reject a "mango juice" that doesn't taste like mangoes, besides that mangoes may not be always available and are subject to prices fluctuations.
..................but you are supposed to drink natural juices......
ju-ju juices is the solution.....as long as the overall taste is ok, you can put rat urine inside and no one will be able to tell the difference.

PostSubject: Re: Since we like to talk about Germany....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 am

terrible, that map is about what I know of other countries

and interesting point about the juice mashups
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since we like to talk about Germany....   

Back to top Go down

Since we like to talk about Germany....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1