A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Empty
PostSubject: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:21 am

... just to elect someone who's going to fail at everything they say they're going to do.

I think we should have just used that money to construct housing for the homeless.

Could have single-handedly solved homelessness in the United States if we just spent campaign money on building multifamily housing.
Back to top Go down

Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 am

The problem is the people in charge of these decisions don't care about the things you and I care about.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 am

Indeed, the amount of cash that flows into election campaigns is beyond disgusting ... that includes the cash for all the status symbols that are received upon winning this twisted election.
Back to top Go down
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:51 pm

I am getting more and more jaded on the topics of elections, paranoid even.

To the point where I think its all just staged, the money is used to pay bribes to make sure the best puppet gets on the right spot,
so they can be used to push through an agenda of who ever is really in control.
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Abigail wrote:
I am getting more and more jaded on the topics of elections, paranoid even.

To the point where I think its all just staged, the money is used to pay bribes to make sure the best puppet gets on the right spot,
so they can be used to push through an agenda of who ever is really in control.

It definitely is a catch-22. I don't trust anyone with the ability and motivation to gain that much power, fame, and glory. I'd pick a random university philosophy professor over any presidential candidate.

I just look forward to the day when a pack of weed cigarettes are $5 for 20, instead of $20 for 5; and, we're bumming weed cigs on the street just as non chalantly as cigarettes. I'm only going to trust a candidate who openly admits to smoking pot and liking it.
Back to top Go down
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:08 pm

GenericTylerDurden wrote:

It definitely is a catch-22. I don't trust anyone with the ability and motivation to gain that much power, fame, and glory. I'd pick a random university philosophy professor over any presidential candidate.

I just look forward to the day when a pack of weed cigarettes are $5 for 20, instead of $20 for 5; and, we're bumming weed cigs on the street just as non chalantly as cigarettes. I'm only going to trust a candidate who openly admits to smoking pot and liking it.

Well.. im originally from holland, where smoking weed used to be fairly accepted.
Before I moved things started to change though, pressure of the european government...

I actually think this whole bigger better government , less people to rule more countries was the worst idea ever.

Small local governments, town councils, citizen x has carrots but wants weed, citizen B has weed but wants carrots, they trade, all happy.
Back to the old days I suppose, Im not saying it was all better then, but this whole one small council of corrupt people taking bribes from big firms and keeping their monopoly and personal preferences/wallets as priority while screwing those paying for their benefits/gain is sickening me
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Holland gets a lot of pressure from neighboring countries cause they don't know how to deal with the weed influx ... it's a shame, really!
Back to top Go down
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:58 pm

FleurDeLis wrote:
Holland gets a lot of pressure from neighboring countries cause they don't know how to deal with the weed influx ... it's a shame, really!

Yea, neighboring countries blame Holland for people bringing in heaps of weed.
I wont say it is impossible that people buy their stuff in Holland, but it is just as possible that they grow their own, or get it from somewhere else,
its just gotten real easy for neighbors to point to Holland as the cause of the weed problem they have, because they don't allow it and Holland does.

Then on top of that you get the crazy tourists that come to Holland and start using whatever they can get their hands on and go nuts,
and.. their government will blame the easy access to soft-drugs rather then the state of mind that person was in when he took it.
Either way, I have no problem with people smoking weed anywhere, actually think alcohol is a bigger problem or at least as big as weed,
but socially regarded as 'normal' everywhere.

I guess its just the whole 'everyone has to have the same rules, no matter how stupid the rules are, everyone has to behave according to the European rules,
no matter how much the whole euro plans crashed economies and turned out to be a total fluke.

And again, the guys up in the top, get the most bribes, paychecks etc etc, so to them, as long as they're still making a profit on it,
who cares how many citizens get in trouble,
the only bigger picture the top in any country sees, is their own wallet and agenda.

Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:04 pm

I know for a fact that a lot of Germans get their weed from Holland; who could blame them though, the stuff from Holland rocks Smile ... They should legalize weed already, people don't get half as dumb on weed as they get on alcohol; personally, I tend to get smarter, I write A papers when I'm stoned Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Abigail

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:12 pm

FleurDeLis wrote:
I know for a fact that a lot of Germans get their weed from Holland; who could blame them though, the stuff from Holland rocks Smile ... They should legalize weed already, people don't get half as dumb on weed as they get on alcohol; personally, I tend to get smarter, I write A papers when I'm stoned Laughing .

Hehe i'm not saying it isnt true, and yea because it is legal, there is some nice quality stuff on the market.. ohhh how i miss that sometimes.

I had my most creative moments when stoned, and my god how things all seem to add up in a better way when you have been smoking,
Had the best discoveries about life and myself.
But I also used it as a way to run away from the reality I was in at the time, which wasn't very good.

actually was back in Holland a while ago, and rolled one of my 'normal' strength smokes.. boy oh boy... hammer in the head lol. drunken
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm kinda glad my move forced me to take a break too; I used weed as my number one escape from reality in Hawaii ... and it turned into a 24/7 escape really quick. I miss it though. I thought as time goes by I would miss it less and less but somehow that hasn't become true yet; it's been about two months now and my skin is still crawling for the goody. Life is just nicer with a little THC flowing through your veins.

I still get my A papers but I hate sitting down to think/write about stuff; with weed time didn't seem to matter and thinking about whatever was fun rather than a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Mr Torrance

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 am

Presidents are just puppets. They are not in control of the country. They are owned by those that pumped money into their presidential campaign.

Goldman Sachs (among many others) pumped money into both Obama and McCain's campaigns.

nobody is going to fight your battles for you on this realm - the sooner people start understanding that, the better.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:12 am

Mr Torrance wrote:
Presidents are just puppets. They are not in control of the country. They are owned by those that pumped money into their presidential campaign.

Goldman Sachs (among many others) pumped money into both Obama and McCain's campaigns.

nobody is going to fight your battles for you on this realm - the sooner people start understanding that, the better.

Word!
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 pm

The way I view the monies raised and utilized in elections is that it is a direct blockade to keep out legitimate competition. The indirect blockade to keep out legitimate competition is the major news medias, because they will not give equal unbiased treatment to all those seeking election. Essentially, the indirect blockade does translate into unaccounted revenue used in elections.

If those seeking elections were all given an equal playing field to voice themselves and participate, then the U.S. would be drastically different on all levels. Of course, there would be hundreds of legitimate and illegitimate individuals seeking elections, but that is why parties were created. Unfortunately, the U.S. is ruled by two parties that seemingly act like one. The reason they act like one is because they share the mutual trait of being illegitimate and have blockaded legitimate candidates, so change is nothing more than from walking in a circle clock-wise to walking in a circle counter clock-wise.

Elections are irrelevant to the point that you might as well say elections are obsolete, that we don't have elections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...   Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions of $$$ Dollars are spent on the U.S. Presidential Campaign...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: The Wrongs of This World-
Jump to: