A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Empty
PostSubject: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana   Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Louisiana Law Firm wrote:
Anyone, other than a non-profit entity, who buys, sells, trades in or otherwise acquires or disposes of junk or used or secondhand property more frequently than once per month from any other person, other than a non-profit entity, shall be deemed as being in the business of a secondhand dealer. ” The law then states that “A secondhand dealer shall not enter into any cash transactions in payment for the purchase of junk or used or secondhand property. Payment shall be made in the form of check, electronic transfers, or money order issued to the seller of the junk or used or secondhand property…

(Link)
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana   Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin
Smiley

PostSubject: Re: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana   Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:31 pm

FleurDeLis wrote:
Why is that?

Why are they doing it? Apparently it is so it will be easier for police to keep track of stolen goods. If they catch someone breaking this law, they can slap a fine on the individual or business. In that aspect, it is a way to bring in revenue to the state. Naturally, by making those transactions electronic, it allows them to keep track of almost everything someone owns.

A side effect of that law, in its entire stupidity, it gives incentive to use silver and gold coins.

Frankly, I don't see how it is legal because what it does is makes U.S. currency invalid in certain aspects of commerce. Likewise, depending on how the concept unfolds, it could condition people for a transition to a completely digital currency.
Back to top Go down
FleurDeLis
Admin
FleurDeLis

PostSubject: Re: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana   Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 pm

This is ridiculous ... I mean I get the tracking of stolen goods is somewhat needed but how much control do they want to impose? Most second-hand items are not high-end and the people who buy them often don't have bank accounts, much less credit cards. And it does invalidate regular currency ... that will pinch the market in the butt.
Back to top Go down
GenericTylerDurden

GenericTylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana   Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:47 pm

I dunno, my note has something printed on it that says:

"This note is legal tender for ALL debts, public and private."

I'm sure the federal government may have something to say about this state law.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana   Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Clockwork Indigo :: Inside the Clockwork :: Matters of Scale-
Jump to: