A Clockwork Indigo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the indigo attitude? Discuss what's on your mind here ...

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparky23

Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Empty
PostSubject: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 pm

http://www.peopleofcolororganize.com/activism/organizing/call-people-color-occupywallstreet-people-color-working-group/
Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Occupy-wall-street-blackout
This was forwarded for posting, though publication does not mean endorsement. This is merely to contribute to conversations on race and Occupy Wall Street.

To those who want to support the Occupation of Wall Street, who want to struggle for a more just and equitable society, but who feel excluded from the campaign, this is a message for you.

To those who do not feel as though their voices are being heard, who have felt unable or uncomfortable participating in the campaign, or who feel as though they have been silenced, this is a message for you.

To those who haven’t thought about #OccupyWallStreet but know that radical social change is needed, and to those who have thought about joining the protest but do not know where or how to begin, this is a message for you.

You are not alone. The individuals who make up the People of Color Working Group have come together because we share precisely these feelings and believe that the opportunity for consciousness-raising presented by #OccupyWallStreet is one that cannot be missed. It is time to push for the expansion and diversification of #OccupyWallStreet. If this is truly to be a movement of the 99%, it will need the rest of the city and the rest of the country.

Let’s be real. The economic crisis did not begin with the collapse of the Lehman Brothers in 2008. Indeed, people of color and poor people have been in a state of crisis since the founding of this country, and for indigenous communities, since before the founding of the nation. We have long known that capitalism serves only the interests of a tiny, mostly white, minority.

Black and brown folks have long known that whenever economic troubles ‘necessitate’ austerity measures and the people are asked to tighten their belts, we are the first to lose our jobs, our children’s schools are the first to lose funding, and our bodies are the first to be brutalized and caged. Only we can speak this truth to power. We must not miss the chance to put the needs of people of color—upon whose backs this country was built—at the forefront of this struggle.

The People of Color Working Group was formed to build a racially conscious and inclusive movement. We are reaching out to communities of color, including immigrant, undocumented, and low-wage workers, prisoners, LGTBQ people of color, marginalized religious communities such as Muslims, and indigenous peoples, for whom this occupation ironically comes on top of another one and therefore must be decolonized. We know that many individuals have responsibilities that do not allow them to participate in the occupation and that the heavy police presence at Liberty Park undoubtedly deters many. We know because we are some of these individuals. But this movement is not confined to Liberty Park: with your help, the movement will be made accessible to all.

If it is not made so, it will not succeed. By ignoring the dynamics of power and privilege, this monumental social movement risks replicating the very structures of injustice it seeks to eliminate. And so we are actively working to unite the diverse voices of all communities, in order to understand exactly what is at stake, and to demand that a movement to end economic injustice must have at its core an honest struggle to end racism.

The People of Color working group is not meant to divide, but to unite, all peoples. Our hope is that we, the 99%, can move forward together, with a critical understanding of how the greed, corruption, and inequality inherent to capitalism threatens the lives of all peoples and the Earth.
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:07 pm

just to take the argument in the other thread

Quote :

Additionally, many of the protesters are anarchists, simply looking to protest something, anything. They refuse to seek employment, instead choosing to blame others for their lack of employment. The anarchists travel around the country, and sometimes around the world, to find something to protest. They camp out in parks, don’t bathe, scrounge for food, and harass the police and local merchants.

So, what will these protests accomplish? Alot, and nothing at all.

doesn't give any number, any example, he just make the blanket assumption 'many are blabla' what does it mean many ? ten of them ? hundred of them ? how much % is it on 20 000 pers ?

and the way he present them is still very insutling and the argumenatiation is totally misconstructed as a whole, he mention things, and then in last paragraph say 'many of them' (without giving any numbers) are anarchist who do not bath and loath for food, and then make the whole conclusion of the article on that basis , it is completly moot and dishonnest argumentation
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 pm

and again not to 'spam' in the other thread, but so what crying for the millions who die ? you really thik that all the population who has been atrociously mudered by white ppl to be exploited by the capitalist system really expect that those cry for them ? or that they even expect that ppl who don't know them, don't know anything about their history or their culture would cry for them ? for what if not to convince themselve that they are charitable and altruistics when in the bottom they don't know a shit about any of their history neither about their current life ? what is this this big need to cry for ppl that you know nothing about ? and that in the bottom you despise to the last one ? crying for what then ? crying because they don't foloow the line of the capitalist system, is being educated and having clue actually working for that system who run the world to colonialim and bankrupt for decades ?

solution are not always coming by 'adding something', when there is a regim that is actually the core of problem, oppressive regim or moderate tyran, maybe just removing this cancer is the soluation in the bottom, who knows, maybe the solution is even that simple, and that the core of the problem is not adding more thing, more law more thing into governement and the instution, but just removing them ?

when there is a tyran , that is opresing ppl who already have their tradition and way of life, isn't the core of the problem to just remov e the tyran, and not 'hving a clue' on how to fix the tyranic regim according to their own rules and law
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

because, beyond the 'marxist' ideologic critics of capitaltism, there is still the fact that today, in most country that are the succesfull capitalist country, the first budget and the first engine of the economy is military, and working in the economy is still supporting mjoritarily military thing, the biggest budget, private or public are always put in security, military, intelligence, because it is all based on a colonialist mindset, since all time, 'capitalist' always made their monney by exploiting ressource of colonies, gold, coppers, coltan, oil, bannanas, diamonds, etc, and it is why the first budget in all capitalist countries are defense, security and military and it always been like this, because their system rely on this on biggest part

then second is generally health and eduation, education to form ppl who will be competitive in the market that is dominated by military and security

then let's take the two biggest corporation of the world, for the 'non military market', you got microsoft, who is supported by IBM since start, IBM who was also providing nazi with bar code, those ppl are plain racists, then henry ford who also inspired the nazis, not speaking about steve jobs who produce all his thing in china in condition that are quite bad, there many stories coming out of them that they use chemical and stuff that are bad for health or even exploit children work, bush with his link with ben laden familly and all the dirsty buisness of oil ever

and let face it today, whenver you want to do buisness and being actually financiall succesfull, you have to work for one of those thing, if you want to facilitate yourself and just hving good wages and good financial income, you go work for military industry, or one of those corporation like IBM, microsoft, bush familly, dick chenney stuff, universal or other thing alike, blizzard for video game, ea GAME, and pariticpate in their sinister economy, it still the main way you have to do buisness today, let face it the whole capitalism is lead by white colonialist freak with more blood on their hand than any other citizen, even the anarchist who don't take bath !

even if it is not maybe specific to the capitalist economy in itself, the wholle pppl who are in control of it are still generally very bad person who have the blood of more than one person on their hand, everybody start to know this today

even if maybe corporation or capitalism is not the problem, the person who lead them today are, so maybe being against corporation or wall street or capitalism is just being gainst those ppl who control it who orient everything toward military control of ressource in colonies or in a colonial way

and the only way that this system have to really measure of the happyness of the person, the only way that is used everywhere to demonstrate of the efficacity of the economy, is that ppl are employed happy productive citizens, it is what demonstrate or not the efficiency of a system, and when there are majority of ppl in the street on food stamp who are diplomed and can't find a job, it just show that the system doesn't work, and as indeed nobody really cry for them and never did, nothing really happen until there is a terrorism or a riot somewhere that make ppl a bit more conscious of the situation !
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:50 pm

i live in paris suburb since 99, before the 9/11, before the riots, and still ive here, i can't help but to saddly notice that the place has been neglected totally for roughly 30 year, building not renewed, road craps, and then magically a few year after the riots, they fix the roads, they repaint the walls and all, and if there hasn't been any riots, they would still let them moist in their shit without doing anything, unless there is a minimum of attention draw to the problems, nothing is done about it, and nobody cry about it, and suddently when there is a riot, or a terrorist act, suddently ppl start to notice that there are population who are suffering horribly, and discover it, how many american even knew about iraq or afganistan before the 9/11 ? how many to today just because of it ? how many ppl knew about the suburb problem before the riots, and how many do today ? this is the real sad truth

all those capitalist pig only have respect for one trait in humanity , it is violence and aggressvity, otherwiwe ppl who are not determined or violent enought they have no clue, are hippi peace n lover idealist who won't achieve anything . . .. because the only thing they believe in to achieve something is brainwashed motivation leading to organised violence

this is the real sad truth . . . .
Back to top Go down
BigMinnie

BigMinnie

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:40 pm

You need a hug and a woman of color to give it to you lol.

Anyways, you're right in the musings in the last post specifically. I don't know what to tell you about the other stuff.

I'm so far removed from it that I'm basically apathetic and I don't apologize for that. It's not my desire to get involved in that, though there are many people who make it their passion to do so, and many more who do not even know why they're doing it, aside from some bullshit superficial reasons that someone fed that. I bet someone told those people they had to care, they had to feel something or they were shitheads. These are my thoughts, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:03 pm

BigMinnie wrote:
You need a hug and a woman of color to give it to you lol.

Anyways, you're right in the musings in the last post specifically. I don't know what to tell you about the other stuff.

I'm so far removed from it that I'm basically apathetic and I don't apologize for that. It's not my desire to get involved in that, though there are many people who make it their passion to do so, and many more who do not even know why they're doing it, aside from some bullshit superficial reasons that someone fed that. I bet someone told those people they had to care, they had to feel something or they were shitheads. These are my thoughts, of course.

yes i don't want to be involved in any of this, and i have seen more than my share of cops fighting and police violence and being around stuff like this, i never wanted to get involved in to hard 'activism' , exept than around hacking and 'free information' kind of stuff, or free education, but even around journalism or real activism, i know too well how that kind of thing ends, i don't really want to get in trouble or that ppl i know get in trouble because of this, i'm rather also a person who work and rather peacefull, i don't protest and i don't really take part in any activism and never wanted to even when asked

a friend of a guy i was working with and with whom i had the company have been in jail for attempting to derail a train or anarchism activism lol we all come from this stuff nd we all have our share of death and homeland nostalgy to cry about, i'm not really either anti capitalist per se, and in fact i do have lot of respect of the real american buisness who believe in the real logic of the market of enterprenership and competition, but their title is often represented as ppl who are far different from what they are, and even them today are cirticising the way wall street and american buisnes has turned, even the purist of the american economy who has been succesffull with it=)

it is why it bother me to see the critics of wall street as a whole resumed to 'a bunch of anrchist who don't take bath and agress merchent' cause it is really far far far from being the case

i'm abusing a bit with the post lol but it is true, it is has to said too, capitalism has always been lead by majoriltarly white racist colonialist of all time since it exists and it always survived by exploiting or even literally slaving a part of the population, and in the whole history without any single of exeption, it stopped when ppl did protest who were all, at very rare exeption, violents, and it never stopped unless this lol
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:12 pm

give me a single example of a oppressing regim that stopeed because the tyran cried about his vitcim and not because the victim did a major violent uprising lol
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 pm

where i can agree is that there is sort of an over representation, or a degree of motivation that is above the actual thing that they would be protesting for if they were really aware of their situation in a globality, and there is clearly a sort of gap between the actual reason they should have to protest and the level of activism, or maybe it can be argued that their motivation is not directly tied to a direct knowledge of a clear problem that motivate entierly the protest, but wall street and capitalist system still have many enmies, even in america, and even in supporter of the american economic model =)

just to give an example, when i came to paris for my first job, it was an algerian who took me there, and it totally baffled me how his boss was treating me all good, and talking shit about the other because he was arab, and was like 'anyway you work in tandem so i pay you both', because he was seing me as usefull and my friend who was in formation as usless because he was algerian from the suburb, we both left his shit, we were both paid more than 2000$ a month, but i'm quite traumatised from paris buisness world since that day, and it is far from being an isolated case and it is more a generality, pp of color are always made joek about and stigmatiseed and stuff at work, and when they say anything to white ppl and capitalist, they are terrorist, they have to go back in their home country if their are not happy to be victim of racist joke all day and being half the salary they would deserve, it still a reality today in paris, and never been otherwise

and again i'm more in the part of population who are favorised by this system, and it always favorised me, and my sector of activity is not touched by the economic criris at all on the contrary programming and information technolgoy are blooming and ppl of that sector are easily over paid, and i always seen only being favorised by it, but still it is the truth that this system is still shit lol most ppl who are big responsible of big fund of investement, they are racist, have lot of prejugee and their concept of 'education' or 'competitive' is often mixed with being white and of occidental culture, which is the only culture who don't know that capitalism kills, and that european and amrican military at the top budget and top economical budget are killing too =)

their whole logic of functionning is one of a annuitants and rentier, a system of keeping privilege of those who have them who don't want to loose them, it is not a logic of free competition, it is a logic of keep the one in power in power, and being at the top of a system of control runnning the structures of the whole world =)
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:40 pm

the boss who make racist joke over his employee, no matter how much he pay me he has my keyboard in the face lol and expet little companies made by arabs or jew or chinese who are more multi cultural and international, there are rarely companies wher there is trend is not present, even if their boss are 'cool', and drinking and doing joke and relaxed, not bitch boss or hearlthless, but still, need to say the truth too lol
Back to top Go down
Sparky23

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:56 pm

all the ppl who were really for competitive buisness, real compeittion, anti trust, and stuff, either they ened being bough off by a big group, either they have been throwed away, it is also a reality today, on every lev el and every company, the closer you get to the source of big monney, the more it is close to racists and colonialist, because all big monney come from unclear source, not from competitive fair buisness, this whole shit is a shame and a scandal Very Happy

i have seen this all time, all the companies they just keep in buisness because they are supported and over paid by bigger groups, who are supported by biggers groups, even if it is done via share holding of this and that, and interwinded from several groups and holdings, all big companies gain their competitive because they use workforce maintained at low price by an oppressive regim, either in asia, or africa or south america, all place that has been over industrialised to make the fame and auccess of the big groups that are on the top of wall street today and do all they can to maintain to situation at it and laughting about it between top model cocaine and champs !

all this is over now lmoaoo

anyway, i'll do a starving strike in the champs elysée, with a sign 'hunger strijke for peace in the world' , just to be sure i die starving to be counted in a french famine of love statistics ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group   Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Out to People of Color From the #OccupyWallStreet People of Color Working Group
Page 1 of 1